Jul 22, 2019

Monday Update with Lots of Stitching Going On

Wohoo I had a very nice stitching filled week last week. We had a heat wave with several days of close to 100 degrees and a few days of even over 100 heat index. So what better excuse then hide in the AC and stitch away.

I shared in my last post the finish of the Mill Hill Flip Flops. I really wanted to get some more checks on my July acrostic from the #24HoursofCrossStitch group challenge. Which remember was TEAM 24 HOUR this time around. I had E, M, and R marked off.

So Tuesday I brought out Salt Water Taffy. I used it for the T. My goal was 4 Hours. I worked on it for Tuesday and Wednesday. Here it was before...
Here I am now...
My actual time was 7 hours and 45 minutes. Wednesday I got a lot of stitching done between loads of laundry. So 4 of the 10 letters marked off now. Next up is Under the Sea SAL for the U. My goal was 4 hours. I haven't had this WIP out since November 2017. It definitely needed to be back out. Here it was before...
I had just finished up the July section. I started on the August section Thursday and a little bit Friday morning. Here it is now...
The whole piece...
I reached 4 hours and 11 minutes added to it. So 5 of the 10 letters marked off. Next up Wish Upon a Starfish. I picked this one for O since the sea star is an Ocean dwelling animal. Yes it was a fun stretch to make it fit haha. Here it was after the Longest Weekend SAL...
Same goal of 4 hours to mark off the letter. Here it is now...
I got 4 hours in Friday and was so happy with how much progress I made during those hours. Definitely can tell the difference in the two photos. So 6 of 10 letters done.

Friday night we were off to the cabin. We were under an extreme heat warning for the weekend but we had several movies we wanted to watch and relaxing to do. Saturday other than peeking out a few times we pretty much stayed inside most the day. It was just miserable outside. But it was wonderful inside. Jeremiah never even changed out of his PJs he was a happy camper indeed. We watched 3 movies together. Plus I got 3 hours and 8 minutes of stitching time as well. 

For the weekend I took down Halloween Minis by Artecy. This one fit easy for the H letter. I was hoping to finish the Vampire Face. I did!
I just LOVE the way he turned out!!! That's 3 faces complete now of the 8 I want to do from the set. So 7 of the 10 letters marked off. Wohoo!

We did swim Saturday right as the sun was going down. When it goes down past the trees it makes perfect swimming conditions. No sun burns. No need for sun screen for Jeremiah. We sat around and talked until bedtime after the dip. No need for a fire in the fire pit but we just enjoyed talking with each other. It was us, Dad and Bev, and two of Bev's family members. Sunday we went through all our camping things since we have a long camping trip coming up this week and pulled together what we needed. We are taking our friends pop up camper for our first time instead of tent camping. The heat finally went away last night after some storms went through. So luckily we won't have to deal with the heat warnings.

I pulled out 4 Seasons Winter by Erica Michaels last night. It's for the 4 in the acrostic. Another perfect fit. I was happy with the progress I got while watching TV. I got in 2 hours 36 minutes before bed. Here it is now...
The blue section with the rabbits, bears, and snowflake is all new. I'm going to work on it later today and hopefully finish up my 4 hour goal on it for another check.

Then I'll have A - Adjust your Sails and 2 - 2 More Bottles on 99 Bottles of Beer left to finish up my acrostic. I heard she will be releasing the challenges for August some time this week. Can't wait to see what she has come up with. I really enjoy these challenges. Easy and fun definitely but a push to work on my goal pieces I setup. I'm really happy with my progress on each one so far.

We are leaving tomorrow for a 5 night camping event in northwest Ohio (Wauseon for those who know Ohio). I'm taking the 99 Bottles of Beer piece with me. I do hope to squeeze enough time for 2 bottles at least to meet my goal. It's a perfect theme for the trip. Bash is a big party with tons and tons of friends like seriously 5,000 to 7,000 people in the past years. People even come from other countries to attend. It's a geocaching mega event. So it's a pretty big deal. My hubby is in charge of managing the 3 huge bon fires in the adult area in the evenings. So working on a beer related piece will fit right in haha. Jeremiah is staying here with Mom even though he's "of age" now. He wants me to be able to have no responsibilities. I love him so much. I hope everyone has a great week! I know I will.

13 comments:

Cathy said...

Lots of nice stitching and marking off letters! I love the starfish! Enjoy your camping trip. We used to geocache, but haven't done it in years!

Vicky said...

Enjoy the camping trip and love all your stitching.

Faith... said...

You are really making those pieces fit in to your challenge! You were very busy last week and got in lots of stitching and everything looks great! Enjoy your big weekend away! Sounds like it will be a fun time with your friends and the other 5,000 people... ha ha Stay safe

Pink Rose said...

Hi Katie boy you sure have been busy,love all your projects,well done my friend xx

Rachel said...

The title of this post certainly wasn't wrong! What a fantastic week of stitching; so much progress and a finish in there as well!
You're doing well with your #24HOCS too. I've almost finished mine but did struggle with the numbers 2 and 4 and a couple of the holidays. Can't wait to see what August brings!
In the meantime have a fantastic time away geocaching. Maybe you'll be able to get a few stitches in but I'm guessing you'll be enjoying yourself far too much for that! :)

Julie said...

The before and after pics really show what great progress you made on them all.
Have a wonderful camping trip, enjoy!

LindaLee said...

What a fun and newsy post! You have sure done a lot of stitching and it's all perfect.
We're still waiting here in eastern NC for the rain to come through and bring in the cooler temperatures. So many people suffering from this long hot and humid summer.
Enjoy those wonderful afternoon swims.

Mary said...

You have really been busy. I love all your wips and the progress that you made.

Ariadne said...

I love all your sea themed stitching but especially Under The Sea SAL. It looks a lot like something I have stitched. I will have to show you! AriadnefromGreece!

Meari said...

You made a lot of good stitching progress! And even some finishes... good for you :) We had the same hot weather here. It was stifling going outside so I stayed in, too. I did stitchy FFO's, though.

Astrids dragon said...

Great progress on all your water themes, that AC certainly helps!
I love the vampire, he looks great.
I hope you had a great time camping, I'd be surprised if you didn't!

Bethan said...

What amazing progress. I think my favourite piece is Under the Sea (at the moment!). Very jealous of your AC - we hit similar temperatures and I melted as soon as I left the AC at work! I hope you have/have had an amazing time in Ohio x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work on making everything fit the acrostic.

Hope Jeremiah and your Mum didn't get up to mischief when you were away!