Jul 31, 2019

Bash Fun with Several Posts Coming Soon

We went to our 5 night camping event last week. What a blur of fun! We are part of the setup crew so we head over Tuesday night. The real event starts Thursday for the public. It's located in Wauseon, Ohio at the Fulton County Fairgrounds. It's a fantastic location to support the seriously thousands of people who show up. We get people from other countries even! It's always a blast. They have had 15 of these events throughout the years and we have attended all but the first one. The first one we attended 14 years ago had an area with bon fires in the evening. It was deemed the adult party area. In the morning they said it was a wasteland of chairs, coolers, a car that got left behind, and no people anywhere. So they said it was like Area 51 and aliens had taken everyone. So from then on it was nicknamed the Area 51 part of the event. A college friend of ours was in charge of the area and my husband joined in to help take care of the fires. A few years ago our friend stopped attending the event and my husband took over as the head fire guy. He has 2 other friends help him out as well. There are 4 bon fires to keep going after all.
The theme is always a bird and then a theme to decorate around. This year was Raven and Medieval the main banner is at the top of this post. I love medieval stuff. Right above here is the banner to mark off our area.
Instead of our tent this year we borrowed our friends pop up camper. We've had so many hot hot years for this late July event. So for our first year with AC we were really looking forward to staying cool in the heat. Of course Tuesday night we had sweaters on haha. Never fails we finally have AC and it is cool. We did need it later in the week though and I swear it was the best Bash sleep I ever got. Plus our friend stayed in with us when he got there. We already told our friend we plan on using it every year now haha. We told him now we have joint custody of the camper haha.
This is my hot hubby lighting the fires. They use a propane tank and a flame thrower to light the fires. Awesome right?? They really get the fires going strong. Sure looks cool!!

Friday there was a poker run. You go around to 7 local businesses and collect stickers with a bar code on them. When you turn it in they scan them and the code generates a random card from a deck of cards. Winners are chosen based on your hand. Here is the sheet ready for the stickers...
The coordinates are on the other side. The top section already has a sticker on it on the above photo as you can see. The 3rd stop was a putt putt in the middle of a corn field. So as adults we wouldn't play would we? Well of course we would haha. We had a blast.
I even got a hole in one once but we won't mention my other scores of 400 that I just lied about haha. A few times I gave up after I got over too high to count haha. Stop 5 was a delicious restaurant that just opened. They reported they made $5,000 just from noon to 2 that day. So nice to pay back to the local places for allowing us to crash their small town.

The weather was fantastic the whole time. Never too hot. We did get a bit of wind and a few rain drops in the middle of the night one of the nights. Nothing like the storms we have got the past years though. We met new friends. We seen old friends we hadn't seen since last year's Bash. We made countless new memories. Like Rachel said no stitching because I was having way too much fun to do any.

The only problem with Bash is how much I hurt after. I wasn't feeling well at all when we got home. Think I was a bit dehydrated and got warm tearing everything down. Monday it developed into a just overall ick. So instead of doing my Monday blog update I chose to rest. I stitched and finished up my July #24HOCS homework. So now I have a few more updates to post next. July Smalls SAL. WIPocalypse. July Recap for #24HOCS and the August challenges have been released too. So some more posts to come soon.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Sorry to hear you didn't feel well at the end of your trip, but I'm 110% certain you'll admit it was totally worth it!
Your day to yourself to recuperate was definitely well-deserved. And I hope the laundry got left for a day too! :)

Cathy said...

I'm glad you had such an enjoyable time at the bash and thanks for explaining a poker run. I hope you're feeling better now that you've been home for a few days, but at least you got some stitching done.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Katie glad you had a lovely time. A shame you didn't feel well,hope you feel better now,lovely work my friend xx

Faith... said...

I saw even more pictures on FB and it looked as though you had an awesome time... well maybe not so much playing mini golf! LOL

Glad you guys got to get away and enjoy yourselves with your friends and yes, I think co-ownership of the pop-up is a great idea! I imagine it is much better than sleeping outside in the tent during hot weather!

Astrids dragon said...

That sounds like a fantastic time! We have a tent, but haven't used it in years. A pop-up sounds even better though!
I hope by now you've recovered and are ready for your next adventure.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Sounds like a great time was had, even if you did pay for it later! Thanks for explaining the Area 51, I did see the banner on FB and wondered what it was about!