Aug 5, 2019

Monday Update

Wednesday I bombarded everyone with 4 blog posts. But I finally caught up on everything I needed to post about. Thursday I started working on Mom's August piece. I worked on it for Thursday and Friday. I was able to get 4 hours and 55 minutes in on it. Here is where I am right now with the front panel...
Just need to finish the sail and add the word August. I didn't get any stitching time at the cabin this time around. My dad got another load of gravel/sand mix for the beach area of the pond so we spent time spreading it out. Then we just kind of relaxed together. Felt great. When it got dark we watched the new Hellboy on the outdoor theater screen. It was a really good remake of the original Hellboy movie.

Wow that's all I have to talk about haha. After all those catch up posts I guess you already know everything else. So I'm off to relax and work on the nautical piece. When it's finished I'll start my Lizzie Kate August. Have a great week everyone! I have some hopeful plans this week when it comes to getting my sewing machine back out for some finishing. Cross those fingers it actually happens.

9 comments:

Faith... said...

Well that was short and sweet but I love your Mom's August piece.

Rachel said...

Have I said before how much I love these monthly nautical pieces? I think I have but there's no harm saying it again!!
Good luck with this, your other August small and your plans with the sewing machine. At least you can relax a little now that you've caught up with your blog posts. :)

Rhona said...

Looking good! These pieces are wonderful. Looking forward to seeing the LK August :)

Mary said...

Very cute, I just love sailboats. Look forward to seeing your Lizzie Kate finish too.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Another lovely small, hope you are getting back into the routine of everyday life again.

LindaLee said...

You do such great stitching. I love this piece you're working on. Love the colors.

FlashinScissors said...

You have such a lot going on Katie!
Love the piece you are working on, such pretty colours!
Just seen your summer postcard too, it’s very pretty.
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Julie said...

That's a nice one, perfect for a summer stitch

Carol said...

I'm loving seeing all of your summer stitching, Katie--this one is particularly cute :) You'll have another finish in no time, I'm sure!