Sep 9, 2019

The People's Choice -- Bees

The first Saturday of every month the lovely Jo came up with a fun idea for a blog game/SAL. She gives us a theme and we are to make a post with whatever we feel fits that theme. This month the theme is Bees! Stop over to the check in post to see who has checked in for this one.

I'm allergic to bees. Not as bad as my dad. But the doctor said every time I get stung it seems to get worse. I haven't been stung in a long time. I'm very careful. I was stung by a little sweat bee in the back of my knee in high school and my whole knee got so swollen I couldn't bend my leg. So who knows what will happen the next time. One time my dad and I was walking along a path and we heard the buzzing. A horse had passed us and kicked up a ground hornets nest. The bad thing about hornets when they are mad they sting multiple times just for the fun of it. Ouch. We were stung so many times. I remember my Grandma put medicine on me and I looked like I had chicken pox again.

So when it comes to stitching. I looked through all my pieces and guess what.....I have only this year stitched bees.
The Lizzie Kate set I'm stitching this year had bees on June and August. So finally I can say I stitched bees.

I did decide that wasn't enough to share so I looked on 123stitch for some patterns to share with everyone.

Here are some cute ones...

Those block party designs from Hands on Design are so cute. I have the dog one to do....sometime haha.

Well I will see you next month when the theme is Cats. Hopefully I'll have a little more to show for that one. Even though I'm a dog person.

6 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. I am sorry this was a painful theme for you but at least you are safe with the tiny stitched bees.

Pamela said...

The Lizzie Kates are very cute!

Rachel said...

Snap! Somehow I thought you would have stitched more bees but given your experiences I'm not surprised you want to stay away from them. Are there any hidden away in your Spring or Summer Bell Pulls? :)

Ariadne said...

Your little cushions are so beautiful. AriadnefromGreece!

Astrids dragon said...

Oh my, I'd say stitching them is much safer for you instead of being stung! Two sweet pieces you finished, perfect for this post.
I love both designs you've shared... must stay away from them!

Faith... said...

Ouch, I hope you never get stung again!! It sounds like a horrible experience. Two projects with bees are better than none? That Hands on Design looks pretty cool.

Sorry I am soooo far behind!