Sep 9, 2019

Monday Update

I remember I asked for prayers and thoughts for my dad in a past post. I figured I would update everyone. He got the all clear. They put him through every test possible and said he's fine. The only thing they can figure is that he might have had a small blood clot and it caused pain when it passed. Luckily his heart, lungs, and everything have checked out fine now though. So thankful for that news!

Wednesday I got started on Mom's Nautical monthly piece. I worked on it Wed, Thu, and Fri...
 
 
Wednesday I got 1 hour 15 minutes. Thursday was a laundry/stitching day so I got 3 hours 44 minutes. Friday was only 42 minutes in between packing and some other stuff.

Hubby helped me upgrade my laptop to Windows 10 because in January they are not going to support Windows 7 any more. Just takes a lot of time to get everything back the way you want it. What a pain but honestly I'm thankful I was forced to change. Windows 10 has a lot of changes I really like a lot. Now we just need to upgrade the desktop and we'll be okay.

Saturday we had a nice day at the campground. We peeled tomatoes. Bev makes her own spaghetti sauce. She boiled the tomatoes until the skin cracked and then we peeled them. She was going to finish them up at home Sunday but it was a big help for all of us to help with the peeling at least. Something I've never done before. Jeremiah enjoyed it. He kept calling it skinning the tomatoes haha poor things. Then Fred and Dad moved dirt and filled in some holes that needed filled. It was a beautiful cool day so we didn't rush and just enjoyed the time. We ended up having a nice fire and some friends stopped to visit. One couple brought two truck loads full of wood for future fires. That was sure nice. We watched a movie together when it got dark. The new Men in Black. I didn't enjoy it near as much as the first two movies.

Sunday we thought we would be rushing home since Fred had some plans but it was moved to next weekend so we decided to stay and watch another movie together. Jeremiah really wanted to watch Detective Pikachu. So I pulled out the Halloween Mini to work on while watching. I leave it at the cabin just in case I have time. I've been working on the green monster which is the 3rd one down on the left...
Here is my green blob so far haha...
I've put 2 days into this one now even though they are shorter cabin days. Sunday I was able to squeeze in 1 hour and 5 minutes while we watched the movie. After we got home I worked on the Nautical Year piece again and finished up the front panel and started the back panel. I'm hoping to finish it later today. Then I'll get to work on the Lizzie Kate September piece so I can get to my other stitching on my acrostic goals list this month.

Hope everyone has a great week. 

6 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice progress on the September piece already. It's a good idea to have a "cabin project" so you are never short of something to stitch there too.

Rachel said...

Glad your whole family is healthy and your dad is back to being his busy self.
I think this monster is probably my favourite so I will particularly enjoy watching this one come together. Have a good week too. :)

Carol said...

Good to get the news on your dad, Katie--I hope he continues to do well :) I have the same problem--am still running Windows 7 and need to upgrade. Makes me nervous, but I'm glad you like Windows 10. I need to get one of my sons to help me soon!

Love the September nautical piece for your mom! Such nice colors to stitch with. Hope you have a lovely day :)

Rhona said...

So glad your Dad is ok. Those nautical pieces are wonderful!

Astrids dragon said...

Great news about your Dad, one less thing to worry about.
Another great weekend, good for you all.
September looks good and bring on the blob!

Faith... said...

Thanks for the Dad update, glad to see it was good news.

LOL Skinning the tomatoes sounds about right. We really can't get any tomatoes (or much anything else) to grow here in the heat and constant sun. September looks good and good start on your blob! He is gonna be a cute one.