Oct 21, 2019

Monday Update

We are home. What a great time we had at the cabin with our friends who have become family. Friday Dad and Bev took off work. We had a nice relaxing day and really didn't do much. Saturday was the day my #witchystitchy challenge started. I talked about it that morning. Then we got busy working. We wanted to clean out some brush and trash beside the barn because my dad is getting a storage unit to put there for storage. We joked about me finding time for my hour of stitching. We finally got our job finished and my Grandmother stopped over for a visit. It was nice to see her. My dad had went fishing so we waited for him to get back to start dinner. Time sure went fast. Next thing we knew it was like 8pm and we were finally eating dinner. We got to talking and telling stories. My Aunt and Uncle stopped over to make us all laugh with crazy stories. *yawn* Oh we are too tired for movie let's just head to bed.

*SCREAM* Oh no my hour!!!

I told the boys they had to stay up and play Xbox another hour. Damein laughed and said Really we are forced to play our favorite game a little bit longer. Oh No. LOL. I got busy stitching like a mad woman.

I picked out the Halloween Biscornu Freebie available here from Lakeside Needlecraft to do for the #witchystitchy challenge...
I figured it would be fun to work on each day for the hour and then post progress. We are supposed to be before and after progress photos on the group page for our requirement each day. I picked out a 14ct purple aida I had in my stash and DMC 947 orange. Here is Day 1 through 3 so far...
 
 
Just an hour a day added. Love watching it grow. Anyway Saturday I did get the requirements posted with 15 minutes to spare in the day. *Deep Breath*

Sunday it was time to pack up and head home. I about shed tears every time we part ways with Damein and Daryl. They are family I just don't want to leave. I love when my boys are all together. We already said we are definitely doing this week vacation again next year.

This week will be another fast week. I leave Thursday for my local stitching retreat. This is the one where we stay in a church camp lodge and it's a lovely lazy 3 night 4 day stitching marathon pretty much. I'm really looking forward to seeing my friends and the long stitching hours. I have a lot of stitching to make up for with all these fun breaks we've been having at the cabin. Have a great week!

6 comments:

Rhona said...

Love the colours you are using on this design!

Rachel said...

Great progress on the biscornu. Glad Witchy Stitchy is working out for you so far, even if it was a close call on one of the days! :)

Bethan said...

A lovely design and I am really enjoying the colours. I'm glad you managed to squeeze in the hour of stitching in the end x

Faith... said...

Your biscornu looks great! I would have never thought to put those two colors together like that! Hope you are having fun at your retreat.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Well done on squeezing your hour in at the last moment! Love those bright colours.

Astrids dragon said...

I'm glad you were able to get your stitching time in, in addition to keeping busy with chores and having fun!
I love the colours you chose for your biscornu, nice and bright.