Oct 17, 2019

Halloween Finish

We are still at the cabin. We have been having a blast. It's been cold outside but we've been having so much fun. Saturday we went to a fun reenactment. You can see more information about it at the Mississinewa 1812 link. It was my god son Damein's first time being able to attend. His Dad was able to take the week off too so he joined us for the whole time as well. It's been fantastic.

Sunday we cat down some trees and Mom came down to stay. Fred had a half day of work Monday so he went home Sunday evening after we went out to dinner. Monday morning Mom and I went home to take care of few things. Fred got off work and swung by to get me and we headed back here. Tuesday evening Fred had a meeting he couldn't get out of so Daryl, Damein, Jeremiah, and I went out to eat at a delicious restaurant. Yesterday we went to my Dad's factory and got to take an official tour of it. I've never took an official tour. I've just listened to my dad's experience since he's been there 41 years. We really enjoyed it though. Jeremiah and Damein really learned a lot and had more fun than they both thought they would. When we got back to the cabin Daryl laid down to take a nap we watched a movie together and I took some time to stitch.

I pulled out the Boo Ghost from Mill Hill...
I got to looking this kit is from 1991! I found it at a garage sale I think. I started it and was working away. It's all just beads as you can see. I finished it in 1 hour and 47 minutes...
I love the way it turned out. It's another Halloween check on my October acrostic list.

Yesterday since it was going to be so cold we rented two movies. Brightburn and Crawl. Brightburn was a coming of age Superman type of movie. Except this time the kid wasn't very well behaved at all. Crawl was about a hurricane that hits Florida and this house floods with water so alligators come in. Both movies were really enjoyable. I'm glad we rented them. Last night all the boys played Xbox together. That was fun to watch.

My Dad and Bev are going to take off tomorrow. The weather is supposed to really warm up for the weekend. We have some stuff planned but Saturday started the WitchyStitchy challenge so I have to find at least an hour to stitch.

Just wanted to stop in and give a quick update. Now back to the fun. Enjoy the rest of your week and your weekend!



8 comments:

Pink Rose said...

Hi Kate oh i love your Boo,those movies do sound good,hope you have a wonderful week my friend xx

Cathy said...

That's a cute little ghost! How are you going to finish it?

Rhona said...

That was a speedy finish!

Faith... said...

Cute Boo Ghost! Sounds like you guys are having a great time even with the cold weather. Do you have heat there so you can go in the winter too since I know it gets extra cold in your area. Good luck at squeezing in your hour per day.

We saw Brightburn and Jacob loved it. He is really into the Superhero movies and hates to watch them with me because I have no idea what is going on and ask to many questions!

Bethan said...

Your time at the cabin always sounds so wonderful! That piece is so fun - have you ever stitched with beads before? They look so effective x

Rachel said...

Congrats on your lovely finish. That's one more crossed off your acrostic..
Good luck with Witchy Stitchy, especially when at the cabin. I decided not to join in but will cheer you along. :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work on the Beaded Boo, that was a quick stitch.
What does your Dad's factory make? Just being nosey!

Astrids dragon said...

What is your Dad's factory? If the boys enjoyed it, it must be cool!
And another fun weekend, good for you all.
I love your Boo Ghost, I have the same one that I need to finish.