Nov 4, 2019

#24HOCS October Wrap Up

October I joined in with the Halloween acrostic in the #24HoursofCrossStitch group. Let's see how I did...

✅ D -- Moonstruck Manor Mill Hill Kit
Goal: Would be Great to Finish
Connection: Dark House in the Project
Finished!!
 
 ✅ A -- Harvest Wagon Mill Hill Kit
Goal: Would be Great to Finish
Minimum 4 Hours
Connection: Autumn Harvest Collection Mill Hill Kit
Goal Met Actual Time: 4 Hours 20 Minutes
 ✅ R -- Boo Keychain by Rovaris
Goal: Would be Great to Finish
Finished!!
 
 ✅ K -- Taboo Kitty Mill Hill Kit
Goal: Would be Great to Finish
Finished!!
 ✅ O -- October Lizzie Kate Flip It Stamp
Goal: Finish
Finished!!
 👎 C -- Let's Get Spooky by Ursula Michael
Goal: 24 Minutes Minimum
Connection: Cat in Design
Didn't make it out this time. Will add to next year's list.
 
👎 T -- Lunar Trick Mill Hill Kit
Goal: Would be great to finish
Connection: T in Title and Trick or Treat
Didn't make very much progress only 57 minutes of progress.
Will add to next year's list.
 
 
 ✅ O -- Ghost Mill Hill Kit
Goal: Would be great to finish
Connection: Ohhhh It's a Ghost
Finished!!
 ✅ B -- Halloween Biscornu by Lakeside Needlecraft
Freebie available here
Goal: Would be great to finish
Finished!!
 👎 E -- Ghool School from Glendon Place 
Goal: Minimum 24 Minutes
Connection: Eerie Haunted School 
Didn't make it out this time. Added to next year's list.

 👎 R -- Witch Kit from Mouseloft
Goal: Would be great to finish
Connection: Rachel sent me this cute kit for my 40th Bday
Didn't make it out. Added to next year's list.
 
 ✅ X -- Nautical Year October from Sand, Sea & Cross Stitch
Goal: Finish
Connection: Xstitch23 on Instagram is the reason I bought these
Finished!!
👎 S -- Wanda's Boot Mill Hill Kit
Goal: Would be great to finish
Connection: Shoe 
Didn't make it out. Added to next year's list.

So 5 I didn't met my goal but let's look at the 8 that I got. Plus 7 are finished!! I'm happy with that. It was a fun month. I enjoyed the challenge. I heard she is going to do a year long acrostic challenge next year. We can pick 12 or 24 letters from the alphabet. The goal is to mark off what you've pick throughout the year. 

Also I completed the Monthly Challenge for stitching 24 hours total throughout the month. I actually stitched 66 Hours and 25 Minutes. Wow! Thanks to my awesome long hours at retreat. 21 more hours than September!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

I think your 7 finishes (wow!) by far outweigh the fact you didn't achieve everything. October was a long month; at least for November there are only 10 letters/ projects to worry about!

I'm definitely up for the year-long acrostic challenge - 24 finishes in 12 months; that shouldn't be a problem for either of us! :)

Carol said...

I'd say that's great success, Katie! All of your finishes are so cute--I especially love the Boo keychain :) Happy November to you!

Cathy said...

You accomplished a lot in October with some fun stitching and seven finishes. 66 hours is a lot of stitching time, too.

Bethan said...

I think you should be really chuffed with your 7 finishes - it's an impressive tally for a month of stitching! x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Fantastic work, the finishes more than make up for the untouched pieces.
I am thinking of doing the year long Alphabet Challenge too. I might even look at the November one and see how if that is achievable.

Faith... said...

WOW seven finishes? That is awesome in itself and makes you a superstar in my book! They all look great too! CONGRATS!