Nov 4, 2019

Witchy Stitchy Finish

Remember I joined in this fun challenge. For 13 days I was to stitch for an hour a day. The requirement was to post a before and after photo to the Facebook group. It started October 19th and the last day was October 31st.

I'm very happy to report I successfully completed the challenge. Plus I stuck with it and Halloween night I had a finish.

For this challenge I decided on a new start...
It's a Halloween Biscornu from Lakeside Needlecraft. It's also a freebie found here if you are interested. I had to do something different than the black thread on white. I wanted it to scream Halloween and be bright. So I pulled out some purple fabric I had and got to throwing DMC on it. I showed my hubby and he liked the combo I picked but I really must say it turned out better than I thought it was going to even. It was really fun to watch it grow.

So that was an hour a day for 13 days. I worked on it then Halloween day to try to finish it up. After 5 hours and 54 minutes more I was able to call it not only a finish but a finished finish...
I really LOVE how it turned out.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

It's fantastic that not only did you keep up with and complete the Witchy Stitchy Challange but that you also found the perfectly-sized project to stitch. Congrats on the finish, it does look wonderful. :)

Terri said...

Cute finish! I love it, too!

Cathy said...

Love the biscornu! Congratulations on meeting your goal and finishing the project!

Bethan said...

Wow what a wonderful finish - I can see why you love how it turns out. The purple and orange look so effective x

Faith... said...

I just love how it turned out Katie! Glad you got in your 13 pieces.