Nov 5, 2019

The People's Choice -- Autumnal Colors

Every month on the first Saturday or soon after Jo has hosted this fun People's Choice blog event. We get a theme each month and we are to make up a post about it.

This month the theme is Autumnal Colors. Stop over to her check in post to see what others have posted about.

Let's see what I have to share.

First let's look through my old finishes...

2008 I finished this cute turkey Mill Hill. He is definitely strutting around in autumn colors...
2009 I finished up this larger Mill Hill kit that is really full of the beautiful fall message...
2013 I finished this cutie but it's hiding in my bin of shame waiting to be finished and put on display where it belongs...
2013 I did finish this adorable Turkey pillow. Mom displays it every year...
2014 I finished up the seasons from Cross Eyed Cricket. Here is what Autumn looks like in it's mat waiting for it's season to be popped into it's frame...
2015 I finished up another Fall cutie waiting to be finished off. These were from Durene Jones and they did a leaflet with all 4 seasons I have the stitching finished...
2017 I finished off this cute Mill Hill kit...
2018 I finished an Erica Michaels freebie Thankful Pumpkins from Lucy Beam...
I have several pieces in my WIPs or in my stash. I have already filled up this post with lots of photos though of past finishes. I will leave you with one I'm excited about starting soon...
Autumn Blessing from Waxing Moon. The leaves are done with specialty threads so I'm looking forward to watching the colors grow on this one. Yes Rachel I know I have a lot of things that need attention. Maybe just maybe this month. We'll see. I of course hope so. It's sad to see these beauties on the screen and not out on display proudly where they belong.

Next month the theme is Winter. 

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Great Autumn post!
Haha! Do you know, FFOing wasn't even my first thought when I was looking through your finishes, more how convenient it is that Thanksgiving falls during Fall/Autumn and uses the same colour palette!
I didn't realise that Mill Hill had been producing ornaments and pictures for so long either.
I love the leaves on your new start and hope the speciality threads work well. Can't wait to see that started. :)

Rhona said...

Gosh! So many wonderful autumn coloured designs.

Bethan said...

Lots of wonderful Autumn designs x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. I love all your Autumnal finishes, so many gorgeous colours.
Looking forward to seeing the leaves pattern stitched up too.

Carol said...

I love autumn colors so this post is just lovely, Katie! You've done so many cute pieces--thank you for sharing :)

Cathy said...

Lots of nice autumn stitching! I especially love the Mill Hill's.

Faith... said...

Love your Autumn post though I can't decide which turkey I like better! I think it is Gobble til you Wobble.

Astrids dragon said...

I love all of your pieces, fully finished or not! I might have to stitch that Waxing Moon one too, but I need to get it first.

Ariadne said...

I love the word Autumn stitched. AriadnefromGreece!