Dec 21, 2019

2 Finishes to End the Year

Guess what I have 2 new finishes to show you. My last two finishes of the year and two finished finishes at that. Wohoo!

First is the Snowflake SAL from Stitchonomy...
The last day she gave us an optional part to add the white thread throughout the design. The idea was to make little sparkles throughout the piece. She said you could use metallics or beads instead of course. I decided on beads and just LOVE how it added a little sparkle all over between the snowflakes. To finish it off I did my first hoop finish. I used a 6 inch wooden hoop. Then I wrapped a ribbon around the edge to give it a special touch...
On the back I cut out some white felt and glued it down. This way it would hide the extra fabric and the backside of the threads...
We had this little metal easel and I really LOVE the way it looks on display.

Then I finally put my finishing touches on my last Lizzie Kate Flip It Stamp...
I think since I really wanted it finished it took forever or at least felt like it. I also was squeezing in time here and there since we were in the Christmas rush full force. I'm so happy I stuck with these and finished them each month. I really enjoyed doing them. I just LOVED the touch of the little buttons on each month.

The presents are bought and wrapped. The menu is planned. We have to stop Monday and pick up some things that the deadline would be too quick if we got it today. The excitement has hit us all full force. We are ready to unwrap our goodies!! I can't wait. I love Christmas. I can't wait for everyone to unwrap the stuff I just finished wrapping. I love the look on their eyes when they try to figure out what's inside.

I doubt I will have time Monday for an update. So I will take a moment now and say Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays to anyone reading this. Thank you so very much for all the comments. I love my blog friends. I don't care what people say blogging is still my favorite. I love the community and the friends I've made because of my blog. Instagram is great for a quick photo. Flosstube just gets boring to me. I don't know why. I think because it feels one sided. I know this blogging is too but I look at like a letter to a stitching friend. Facebook is great for keeping in touch with all my friends I don't get to see every day. This blog is the journal I've always wanted to keep. I can't wait to see what 2020 brings us all. Wonder what projects will find their way into our hands?

I'll be back after all the Christmas fun. Have a fantastic time however you celebrate. 

10 comments:

Pink Rose said...

Hi Katie beautiful work my friend,Merry Xmas xx

jhm said...

I love the December flip it. It could so easily be a ornament with a name instead of the month. Great job.

Merry Christmas!

DJ said...

Oh my goodness!! Look at you!! Two finishes, and this close to Christmas! My hat is off to you!! I, too, Love the little sparkle of those extra beads you added, and the way you framed it in the hoop with the ribbon is genius! I may have to steal your idea,if you don't mind? (Thanks for all the lovely comments you posted on my blog! I rarely have time to check my email so forgive me for not answering them all, but it's so much fun to get comments, and I agree that blogging is not as popular as it was before, but is still my favorite way of communicating with other stitchers.) Have a wonderful Christmas and happy stitching and blogging in the New Year!!

Carol said...

These are both so pretty, Katie--love the added beads on the snowflake. It really sparkles :)

Sounds like you're all ready for the big day--I am, too, with the exception of cooking. Sigh... I don't enjoy cooking--but I do love to bake--ha ha!

Glad you are hanging in there with the blogging--I feel the same way about Flosstube. It just moves too slowly for me :)

Have a wonderful Christmas with your family--hope Santa brings you some new stitching goodies!

Faith... said...

Two wonderful finishes to round out the year! I just love the beads on the Snowflakes; they do make it look sparkly.

I agree with you about blogging. It is my favorite too; I don't even look at FlossTube because I don't really understand the point... ha ha

Happy Holidays!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on the Happy Dance for these two finishes. I love the beads you have added to the Snowflakes. I went for metallics for my sparkles.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I also agree with you about blogging, it's definitely my favourite social media. I haven't started Instagram myself but I do enjoy watching FlossTube while I stitch. I like to follow the designers and hear about their inspiration.

Astrids dragon said...

Not just finished, but fully finished! They both look great, quite an accomplishment before the holidays.
I'm still old school and prefer blogging, even though I'm behind. Glad to hear you're not going anywhere!

Rachel said...

Congratulations on your two Happy Dances, and for keeping up with everything. The hoop-framed snowflake is very effective. I hope you find Stitchonomy's 2020 SALs just as fun. :)

Bethan said...

The ribbon on the frame is so effective - I wouldn't have been able to say that was ribbon until you told me. Lovely finished pieces. I hope you and your family had a fantastic Christmas x