Dec 16, 2019

Monday Update

I just finally finished my stash sorting/organizing. What a pain but boy I'm glad I did it. I will be updating my Goals and SALs tab at the top. I started 2019 with 71 WIPs in my two totes. Right now I have 63. That's including several new starts that I'm planning in the new year. I will wait and make the official count until after Santa visits though.

I also wanted to update anyone who seen in my last Monday update about my dad's surgery this past Friday. He's doing fantastic. The surgery went quickly. We were able to be at the hospital for it. Jeremiah said it was only fair since my dad has been at all Jeremiah's surgeries. I do have to admit though it was hard to see him like that. My dad is supposed to be tough. This past few years he went from no surgeries to both shoulders worked on and now his back. This time he had a bone spur that would push on a nerve in his side and down his leg. So it would really cause a lot of pain. The doc said he was able to shave it and get it off the nerve. It will take a bit for the nerve to repair itself but he should have a very successful recovery. He is retiring from his factory work in February after 41 years and really can't wait to be out of there. It's hard work and his body just can't do it any more.

Saturday and Sunday was spent doing the rest of our Christmas shopping and BOY I'm tired. The Christmas rush has sure stolen my stitching time but it will be so worth it come Christmas morning.

I got a tiny bit of time on my December Lizzie Kate Stamp...
At this point I will just be happy if I finish it before the month ends. My poor acrostic will definitely not be completed this month. Oh well it's a stress free SAL so that's A-OK.

I have been trying to keep up with the Snowflake SAL each day...
There are only 4 days left of this SAL now. Wow! Stitchonomy has released the info on the next SAL she is hosting too. It's going to be Houseplant SAL. Finally a house plant I don't have to worry about watering or killing haha. I'm all signed up. It doesn't start till February which is okay. I have more than enough to work on till then haha.

This week I will be busy wrapping everything. It's the only time a year it's bad to be spoiled haha. But I love the unwrapping and the excitement involved so it's totally worth it. At least I hope I keep feeling that way haha. Remind my back that so it stops hurting too haha.

We are changing our Christmas tradition this year. Mom is going to join us for our Christmas with my Dad. Let me explain. My parents got a very amicable divorce when I was 10. They knew fighting would only hurt me. So they were amazing instead. So I'm extremely thankful for that. So after talking about it they didn't want her at home alone this year. She is more than welcome to join our traditions and boy do I appreciate that. We are going to stay at our cabin over night on the 23rd and my Dad and Step Mom will come over Tuesday morning to do our presents together on the 24th. Just perfect!

So busy busy getting everything wrapped in time. I really hope to squeeze in some time on my Lizzie Kate to finish that up. Plus I will be finishing up the Snowflake SAL. I will really miss that fun little email every day. I really look forward to them.

Have a great week and Good luck getting everything done. Wish me luck too. We can do this! Just need a little Christmas magic.

7 comments:

Rai Rai's Stitches said...

Are you a member of my Facebook group, Cross Stitch Storage Ideas and Solutions? It might give you some storage ideas. I’m still trying to figure out my stash since moving. I will get there though.

I’m glad your dad is doing ok. My dad had a very mild stroke, but it has affected his memory slightly, he repeats things now. I totally get it when you say it’s hard to watch your big, strong daddy look frail. Sending you hugs.

I hope you have a fantastic Christmas and a have a Happy New Year.

Rhona said...

Sounds like a wonderful family time to be had! Glad you can all be together over a few days.
Happy Christmas!

Rachel said...

Sounds like everything is going well in the run-up to Christmas, except for the amount of stitching time! But isn't it nice when you don't achieve a set of goals to just shrug and say 'that's OK, no worries'? I hope you dad is relatively pain free by Christmas.
Looking forward to seeing all your SALs next year. I can understand the excitement of regularly seeing a new tiny chart in your inbox! :)

DJ said...

Whew....I'm tired just reading about all you've been up to! I totally understand that there is less stitching time this time of year....but I'm sorry to hear it's because your Dad needed surgery! I'll be praying for quick healing and pain free days ahead. It's wonderful that you can have your family time together, given their past. I'm glad they are making it easy on you! Here's hoping it's clear sailing from now until Christmas and that you find time for yourself (and your stitching!). *Hugs*

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Hope your Dad is feeling better now, I am sure he is looking forward to a family Christmas. It's nice that everyone gets on, it makes things so much easier!

Faith... said...

So glad to hear that your Dad's surgery was a success and that he is healing. Hopefully February will roll around quickly. I just love your Snowflakes! Happy that you will be able to spend the holiday with both your parents! It will definitely make it more special for everyone.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and that Santa brings everyone just what they asked for!

Astrids dragon said...

I'm happy to hear your Dad is doing well after his surgery, I'm sure you'll be watching out for him as he heals.
Nice progress on both pieces, you'll be done in no time with them both.
What a blessing that you have smart parents, I see so many divorced people who aren't! It sounds like it will be a wonderful new tradition?