Dec 2, 2019

Advent Blog Hop

The lovely Jo is at it again. Another blog hop. The idea is always fun. Hop around to different blogs and see what there is to see. This one is an Advent Calendar. Each day there is a door to lead you to a different blog. We are to share a Christmas craft we have done and our favorite movie with our readers. These blog hops are how so many of us have became friends over the years. So what do you do?

First head over to this post to get the starting point to all the doors.

I'm door number 2 this year as you can see.


So I love seasonal stitching. I just finished up a Christmas Jar from a Dimensions Kit...
The tag is hard to read in photos. Plastic canvas is hard to get a photo of I've noticed. It says Have a Happy Holiday. I have 3 of the 4 finished now...
I also finished this cute Mill Hill recently called Tree Shopping...
Perfect timing because just yesterday we went to the local tree farm and got our Christmas Tree...
 
Our favorite Christmas movie is a tradition we've had since Jeremiah was born. We watch National Lampoon Christmas Vacation every year with my Dad and Step Mom. This year Mom is going to come along with us so she will get to see why we love this movie so much finally. We quote it a ridiculous amount this time of year.

Well Happy Holidays to all. Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it. I wish everyone a fantastic last month of the year. Thanks for stopping by. 

22 comments:

Rachel said...

And a very early Happy Christmas to you too! You must have so many lovely Christmas pieces to display this time of year, and no doubt Santa will bring you 'one or two' more for next year!
Thanks for showing the traditional Christmas tree photos too; no having to waggle my finger at you this year! :)

Rhona said...

Loving those Christmas jars! How are you planning on finishing them?
Your Christmas tree looks wonderful. We just put ours up yesterday too.
Merry Christmas!

Mary's Thread said...

What cute ornaments! You all look so happy with your pretty Christmas tree! I hope you stay happy and merry all December! :)

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

Day two and another film as a Christmas favourite that I have never seen. This is getting very interesting already.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Advent Calendar Hop this year. Love the newest jar and the little truck ornie.
Jeremiah is almost as tall as the tree now!

Elfie said...

Beautiful Christmas stitching! And such a lovely tree. I've not watched your movie, but I am going to watch it this year.
Merry Christmas!

Leonore Winterer said...

Awesome Christmas stitching! I don't know the movie, but it sounds like fun.

Astrids dragon said...

You know I love all your jars and you temp me every time I see another one finished! They all look so wonderful and festive. That includes the MH too!
I love seeing you all at the Christmas tree, making sweet memories.
Oh yes, watching Christmas Vacation is our Christmas Eve tradition. It doesn't matter how many times we've seen it, we still think it's hilarious!

Susan said...

Your finishes are so cute - I know my niece-in-law would love them. I am going to have to pull out my wish list as I go through the calendar. I LOVE your son's shirt!!

Faith... said...

Your tree looks great and Jeremiah looks happy putting the star on top. Christmas just isn't Christmas without that movie! We watch it at least once every year!

Christine said...

Lovely stitching and your tree looks gorgeous! Happy Christmas

Beth in IL said...

Love that little Mill Hill kit. So cute!

DJ said...

Awww...I love these little "jars" and have thought many times I should buy the kit...maybe next year! Yours look fabulous! Your tree looks so beautiful too. I've never seen the whole movie, only bits and pieces, so this year I will have to look and see if I can find it and watch it too. Off I go...Merry Christmas!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Your jars are lovely, I haven't heard of the film so I'll see if it's on Amazon Prime

gracie said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Ariadne said...

I love those Christmas jars. I hope you have a great till and at Christmas. AriadnefromGreece!

FlashinScissors said...

Great stitching Katie!
I love your little Mill Hill piece, and that tree looks fabulous!
I don’t know the film so I’ll have to look out for it this year.
Happy Christmas!
Barbara xx

Barb said...

Those Christmas jars are wonderful!! I like Christmas Vacation also!! Good for lots of laughs!

jocondine said...

So cute little red car and the jars are just amazing! Very original Christmas patterns. xxx

Christine said...

Beautiful stitching! Happy Christmas

beadgirl said...

What a lovely photo of your family. Merry Christmas!

Kaisievic said...

Great choice of a Christmas movie and I love your Christmas jars. Merry Christmas to you all.