Nov 30, 2019

#24HOCS December Challenges

#24HoursofCrossStitch Facebook group has these fun monthly challenges. No stress. Just extra motivation to do something fun and pick projects to fit in a theme for the month. The part I enjoy the most is the monthly acrostics. You pick a project for each letter in a word she picks. The name of the project can start with the letter. The designer can start with the letter. Or you can be creative. I've never heard a no sorry that won't work. The group loves creativity. No prizes other than to feel motivated and boy that's sure working for me.  No prizes needed.

For December we have a new acrostic. This one is 12DAYSOFXS. The 2nd goal is to stitch 24 hours throughout the month. So let's see what my acrostic picks are...

1 -- Beer Dragon from Paine Free Crafts
Connection: Over "1"
Goal: At least 200 more stitches
2 -- 99 Bottle of Beer from Ink Circles
Connection: Add "2" more bottles
D -- Christmas Jars from "D"imensions 
Goal: Maybe Finish the Last Jar
The last one I need to do is the one on the left with the deer.

A -- "A"utumn Blessing from Waxing Moon Designs
Goal: At least 1 more leaf added
Y -- December LK Flip It Stamp
Connection: "Y"ear Long Set
Goal: Finish
S -- "S"nowflake SAL from Stitchonomy
Whole bunch of S's in this one.
Goal: Keep up and Finish this SAL
Here it was after Day 8. 19 Snowflakes Left.

O -- Best Friend Santa Mill Hill Kit
Connection: "O"ld Start
Goal: Maybe Finish?
I started this one in June 2017 for the Longest Day SAL and never got back to it.

F -- Christmas Celebration Sampler from "F"rosted Pumpkin
Goal: Make Progress
Another WIP that I haven't worked on in a long time...
X -- December Nautical Year
Connection: "X"stitch23 on Instagram is the reason I bought this set to do for Mom
Goal: Finish
S -- "S"easide Sampler Mill Hill Kit
Goal: Make Progress
Okay there are my plans for December. We'll see what actually gets accomplished. I will be happy with anything really. December is a month full of Christmas shopping, decorating, wrapping, and fun. We also have 1 fun night planned with great friends. Looking forward to that. Let's just hope it's a great month for myself and all my readers. Thanks for keeping me motivated.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I like your connections and goals this month and, since stitching for 24 hours in total is not a problem each month, I also like how you've taken away the 'timed' goal for each piece and have aimed for stitching goals such as a certain number of stitches, a finish, or simply just progress. Good luck, and enjoy fitting in your stitching around all your other plans. :)

Cathy said...

Some creative connections and nice pieces for December. Have fun in December!

Faith... said...

Good luck with your goal! I see a few pieces we haven't seen for a while in there!!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Well, you've set the goals, now to meet them!
I'm doing well with the snowflakes, never more than one day behind so far!

Astrids dragon said...

So much lovely stitching, it's nice to see the Frosted Pumpkin one come out again.