Nov 30, 2019

#24HOCS November Challenge Recap

Tomorrow is the first. Time to start the last month of 2019. I just can't believe it. So let's do a quick recap of my November acrostic goals I setup for the #24HoursOfCrossStitch Facebook group.

 ✅ R -- Christmas Jars from Dimensions
Start on the "R"ed Jar
Total Time: 19 Hours 58 Minutes
 Guess what I just finished this one tonight!!
Now I have 3 of the 4 finished...
👎 E -- Salt Water Taffy from Joan "E"lliott
Decided to skip so I could focus on the jar. 

 ✅ W -- Autumn Blessing from "W"axing Moon Designs
New start. With all the beautiful leaves outside this one is begging to be started.
Total Time: 4 Hours 36 Minutes
Got 3 Leaves in...
 ✅ I -- Cabin Fever Mill Hill Kit
Connection: "I" really want this one finished!!
Total Time: 5 Hours 24 Minutes
Very excited to report this one is finished too!!! 
 ✅ N -- "N"autical Year November from Sand, Sea & Cross Stitch
Total Time: 8 Hours 15 Minutes
Another finish...
 ✅ D -- Beer "D"ragon from Paine Free Crafts
Total Time: 9 Hours 54 Minutes
Got 883 stitches in...
 ✅ T -- Lizzie Kate Flip It Stamp November
Connection: There is "T"urkey on it.
Another finished piece. 
Total Time: 14 Hours 18 Minutes
 ✅ I -- 99 Bottle from "I"nk Circles
Total Time: 2 Hours 50 Minutes
2 more bottles added...
 ✅ M -- Tree Shopping a "M"ill Hill Kit
Total Time: 7 Hours 26 Minutes
Started and Finished this cute MH kit...
 ðŸ‘Ž E -- Adjust your Sails from Little Dove Designs
Connection: It's on "E"venweave Fabric
Skipped this one to finish the Christmas Jar.

So 10 letters. 8 checks. 2 not worked on. 5 finishes!!!! This acrostic SAL is definitely keeping me motivated, helping me stick to pieces, and get them finished. I'm so happy with my progress. 

The other challenge was to stitch a total of 24 hours throughout the month. I normally have no problem with this one at all. This month is no different. Checking in with a total of 72 Hours 23 Minutes.
 
Be right back with my December challenge goals.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Brilliant work and, I agree, this SAL has been perfect for keeping up the motivation! I've said in my post that I really like this SAL because it's all about the fun and the stitching rather than having to meet goals. With no penalties involved, you proved that by missing two letters in order to focus on finishing your jar. If I hadn't already joined this SAL I'd sure be jealous! Now looking forward to seeing what you have planned for December. :)

Cathy said...

Wow! Five finishes! I'm looking forward to see what you plan for next month!

Faith... said...

I think eight out of ten checkmarks is a success! You have been doing great with this SAL and you have been doing so much stitching!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Fabulous work on the Acrostic for November. Your projects really fit in well!