Jan 27, 2020

#24HOCS January Marathon Day 2

This was the first time I participated in the #24 Hours of Cross Stitch 24 Hours Marathon.

To break up the photo loading time I'm going to break the posts down to each day. I had a great time and got a TON of stitching done.

My goal was to work on 12 projects for 2 hours each. Let's see what I worked on Saturday.

Saturday I got a total of 8 Hours and 52 Minutes.

Remember I had come down with a bit of a bug. Well Saturday I didn't wake up till 10am which for me is unheard of. Izzy our dog didn't wake us up either so evidently we all needed the rest. Not as good for marathon time but you know what sleep is very important so I'll take it when I get it. We had donuts for breakfast. Finished some things and was ready to get back to stitching.

11:32am Let's Go! I picked Best Friend Santa back up since I hadn't reached the two hour mark yet...
 12:33pm I reached 2 hours on the timer officially so time to move on...
Next up Evergreen Snowman another Jim Shore Mill Hill kit. Another one from the Longest Day SAL in June 2017 but I had worked on it for 30 minutes for another marathon in 2019. So here it was before...
2:20pm We took a lunch break for BBQ yummy food from a local place.
3:20pm Back to work
4:00pm Stop watch hits 2 hours. Here is where I made it...
4:15pm Ready for the next one. Christmas Banner from Stoney Creek. I haven't had this one out since December 8th of 2014!!!
6:50pm I reached 2 hours on my stop watch. This is definitely a typical Stoney Creek. It had a million color changes. Plus this one uses glisson gloss which is I swear worse than Kreinik to work with. Sure pretty though. The wings really sparkle because of it. Just time consuming. So my progress was smaller...
Next piece is Rules for Life. I started this one for Jeremiah in 2012. Looks like I might have made a few stitches in 2013 but I don't see anything since then. It was before I tagged photos on my blog. Then I noticed my photo in my saved photos wasn't even updated. So who knows what I last worked on this one. Anyway here is my before photo...
This piece is called Rule for Life by Kincavel Krosses. I'm using Lime colored Jobelan evenweave and 986 which is a beautiful green DMC. Green is Jeremiah's favorite color as you can probably tell. Here is where I got after 2 Hours and 1 Minute...
I really really want to get this one back out. I can't believe how long it's been. It deserves to be finished.

10pm Started working on the last one for the day. 4 Seasons Winter by Erica Michael's and remembered that I LOVE these tiny 40ct silk gauze pieces. Here it was before...
Reached 2 Hours on the stop watch. On the right it says Brr with some little white stitches under. You can see if a little better in person. She has explained on her chart she wanted it to appear soft and dainty.

Midnight it was time for bed.

6 comments:

Faith... said...

More great pieces! I love the Stoney Creek piece. Glad your body took over and made you sleep in, hope it helps with making you feel better.

Cathy said...

More nice projects! And stitching for almost nine hours in one day is ALOT, even if you did sleep late. Maybe some of these will get more attention now that you've brought them out of their hiding places!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lie-ins are wonderful if you can get them!
I like the green Words and the lovely silk gauze project. Love tiny stitching!

Bethan said...

It's amazing how much progress is happening in each one after 2 hours stitching. I hope you are feeling better, or the bug hasn't gotten any worse x

Astrids dragon said...

Oh wow, you found some oldies - way to get motivated!

Rachel said...

Great work again, and so interesting to read little comments about each one as you stitched. I assume you had no problem with the 40ct that late at night either, seeing as you managed the full 2 hours. What a count to stitch on before bedtime! :)