Jan 7, 2020

Finish and WIPGO

I just had to stop back in today with another finish to share...
Love Bits: Merry Noel from Hinzeit
 Stitched on 28ct Cream Lugana
Threads are Suggested DMC
Started Jun 23rd for the Longest Day Marathon
Took 3 Days Total 5 Hours 52 Minutes

My 2nd finish for the year. What a fun little piece. Love that charm. Now I can mark off a piece from my WIP list and an acrostic letter. 

I also just discovered another fun Facebook/Instagram/Blog/Floss Tube Event. It's called WIPGO. It's basically a bingo card filled with your WIPs. Each month the owner of the Facebook group picks two numbers. You work on the WIPs in those boxes. You set your own rewards for when/if you hit a Bingo. At the end of the year if you complete them all you will have a full card so should pick a bigger reward for that. So as we all know I love joining things and I love motivation so I decided to join in. Go here for the Facebook group. I've heard it's big on Floss Tube right now as well. I don't know if it's available via just email or not. Probably. I would assume you can just make your own bingo board and follow along. I downloaded one available on the Facebook group and got busy filling it out. Here is what I came up with for the challenge...
So let's look at what I'm planning. As you can hopefully see. Each row has Beer Dragon or Dragon Eye in it. 200 stitches required on each one to count that block filled in. I've put 4 small Mill Hill kits on there. The 6 part Stitcher's Code SAL I put 5 on there because I knew I was planning on doing one part this month already. Then I filled the rest with old WIPs that deserve attention. Minimum 2 hours of progress to call that square finished. I left off the Free spot. So whatever month she picks the middle spot I'll have 3 focus pieces instead of just 2. January # 6 and 12 were called. So you go across from top left to right then down next row left to right. So Merry Noel was block 6 and Beer Dragon is block 12. I finished Merry Noel last night so I was able to fill that block in already. 

My reward for Bingo was hard to decide. But last night I finally remembered I have fallen in love with the Mini Patterns that Frosted Pumpkin has available on her website. So when I get a bingo Jeremiah is going to pick a mini pattern as a reward. Then if I fill the whole card I want the Hello Seasons! Bundle set. 

So we'll see what I can accomplish with that. Looks fun and is extra motivation for stitching and progress which is always nice. 

Fred picked the next choice from my acrostic list and just happened to pick 99. So I will be finishing up my 4 bottles for the month next.

7 comments:

Rhona said...

Lovely finish! The bingo card with the WIPS is a great idea too....love it.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Another cute and quick finish.
I do like the idea of WIPGO but I'm not sure how it would work for me as I have a set rotation.
I will have to give it some thought!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great finish, bingo card is a great idea but I work on a project until it's done so not enough wipes to fill a card, good luck with yours

Julie said...

Sweet Christmas finish

Cathy said...

Congrats on finishing Merry Noel! WIPGO sounds like fun and I'll be watching for your reports and routing for you to fill all the squares. Right now, I'm trying to figure out how it will fit in with my stitching style.

Rachel said...

Yay, another finish; start as you mean to go on! Those Hinzeit charts are so sweet and the little charms add just that little extra something.
So barely a week into 2020 and you've already found another SAL to join in with! I'll hold my hands up in defeat to this one - I think I've got enough on my plate already. :)

Bethan said...

Lovely finish - the charm really sets it off. I love the bingo idea - good luck! X