Jan 6, 2020

Monday Update

I have a lot to share so pull up a chair and let's go.

Saturday I picked up my framing. Are you ready for these beautiful pieces?!?!
First up is the Pine Mountain Snapshots. I did these monthly in 2017. I wasn't able to finish them that year and got a few finished up in 2018. I got them all stretched and my framer made a frame to pop them in and out each month. I need to go back now and update my Box of Shame finishes because these 12 are in that count.
Next up is Ocean in a Bottle from 2019. So happy this one can finally be on display. Now to find the right spot to hang it.
Last is You are Loved from 2018. This was designed by Hinzeit and hubby got it for me for a Christmas gift. I think it will go to the cabin to be displayed. The frame is a light green and I really love how it pulls the green out of the design.

I love the way each one turned out. Professional framing is something I get for special pieces that really deserve that extra touch. I'm so thankful to have these framed and ready to be displayed. I'm lucky to have a LNS (local needlework store) that does framing and their prices are fantastic.

Two more things to share. Sunday I had my first finish of 2020...
This marks off I for the Year Long Alphabet challenge because January is Ice Cold or maybe there's Ice in her drink haha. Also marks off ! on the monthly acrostic because I was really really looking forward to working on this one.

She took me 11 hours and 56 minutes total. I'm happy with that time for these adorable fairies. Again I'm stitching them on 32ct Lambswool Evenweave Suggested DMC 2 threads over 2.

Sunday I also pulled out another piece from my acrostic. My cute random number generator or AKA Jeremiah picked a number which represented Merry Noel. I started this Hinzeit last year for the Longest Day Marathon...
I had set the goal of finishing the top Merry part before putting it aside. Here it is now after last night's work on it...
I hope everyone has a great week.

11 comments:

Julie said...

Your framers did a super job Katie, what a lovely haul you collected from them.
Sweet little fairy finish for January.

Paula H said...

Your pieces are all lovely - I enjoyed watching your progress on Ocean in a Bottle, and the framing you picked sets it off perfectly.

I've been using Hobby Lobby for my framing since I found out that they pin pieces and don't use sticky board. There's a gentleman who works at the one closest to me who has a fantastic eye for color and such. I can't say enough good about his work!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great framing, your projecrs look super. What a lovely start to your 2020 stitching

Anonymous said...

I love all the finishes! But that monthly Pine mountain series, oh my it has stolen my heart.
Have a fabulous week!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Fabulous framing! I have already said how much I like the driftwood effect on the bottle.
Nice to see some quick finishes this early in the year too. Cute fairy!

Claudette497 said...

What great finishes! I love the idea of having the pieces primed and ready to swap into the frame - that is pure genius!

Rachel said...

You must have felt like a kid in a candy store when you collected all of your pieces from the framers! They all look lovely; he's definitely done a good job again.
Congrats on finishing the January fairy too. One down eleven to go! :)

Cathy said...

Your framing looks fabulous and I love the January fairy--I may have to get back to these later in the year.

Bethan said...

Great framing - I agree that it is worth getting special pieces professionally framed. Your fairy is great - wonderful start to 2020 x

Carol said...

Love them all, Katie! The frames you chose are so perfect for your pretty stitching! I'm sure you'll enjoy having these on your walls :)

Astrids dragon said...

Wow, they are framed beautifully, display them proudly!
Awe, your fairy is adorable and Merry Noel looks great.