Mar 23, 2020

Monday Update

So my word for this year was stress-free remember? Boy did I fail on that! What a year we've had already. Our governor today locked us down like so many other states. But what I thought that meant and what I guess it means is different things. Most companies are just stretching the rules of what essential means. Hubby's job is sending a few home but maybe keeping the rest including my hubby. Making more decisions tomorrow so we'll see. I just really wish we would take this serious and get RID of it. We have 7 deaths now in Indiana. 259 positive cases and 1,960 tested as of this post. We are all scared but trying to breath and take each day as it comes. Just really hope we can stay healthy. Please please let us stay healthy.

February I worked hard on the Homely Houseplants. Beginning of March I jumped into my class pieces. I really became a machine. Stitching like crazy on those plants. Stitching like crazy on my class pieces. Then when the retreat was canceled I hit a wall. I didn't lose my mojo. I want to stitch on a million things. I want to do my #24HOCS challenge. I want to work on them all at the same time. No No I need to finish up my fairy. And then I noticed I was just CRAWLING with my stitching. Yep I'm letting everything get to me. Time to refocus on that word.....stress-free. These challenges aren't supposed to cause stress. They are supposed to be fun. I need to love my stitching again. No pushing myself. Just breath and let the stress melt away in those beautiful X's. Yesterday it finally felt good to stitch again. So let's stick with that.

Still working away on the March Fairy.....but that's okay. She is beautiful. Here is the update with her...
In other news my dog Izzy is having some health issues. She has had reoccurring ear infections which I guess are a yeast infection in a dog. Weird. Anyway this time it exploded all over. Her feet itched so bad she licked all the hair off. One ear was completed swollen closed and the other ear was full of junk. So we had to break down finally and take her to the scary place aka the vet. She went back today for a one week check up and she's doing fantastic. We got this under control. She can finally hear again. So nice to have her barking at the TV commercials again. Poor baby. I'm glad we were able to get control of this and hopefully this will never happen again especially this bad...
Shopping update too for those curious. Saturday hubby and I went out to 4 stores!!! Still no TP. Stopped tonight on the way home from the vet....still no TP. We have the groceries we need though and luckily had enough stocked up TP to last for now. My dad was actually able to grab a package for us in his town where our cabin is. So we are hoping to go down and pick it up this coming weekend. Have a great week! Stay healthy. Thanks for being in my life! We will make it through this...somehow.

9 comments:

Cathy said...

Katie - I'm sorry this has affected you so emotionally, but glad you're stitching again. Take care of yourself! If you have a Norm's Restaurant near you, check out their webpage. They have breakfast and dinner packages to go and breakfast includes a roll of toilet paper!

Julie said...

I think we are all spending more time online and with technology communicating and speaking to friends and family to check on them. Not so much time spent on the stitching. I hope your hubby is soon home and your stress levels are eased. My DD got told today that her place was closed from today as we are all on lock down now too.

DJ said...

Oh Katie, I can relate to having all the scary news affecting your stitching. It happened to me too. It sure seems to take the wind out of our sails, doesn't it? I hope that you can find that inner peace and get some stress-free stitching done. Hang in there, this too shall pass. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. So glad your little furbaby is feeling better too. *Hugs*

Faith... said...

Oh Katie I wish I was there to give you a big hug. I am sorry it is taking such a toll on you. I wish I could say don't worry about it but you are right; we all need to worry and take this craziness seriously! If people would just follow the recommended guidelines from doctors I think this thing could be beat quickly. But everyone thinks that they are only one person so it shouldn't matter if they are out. But they don't think about being one of how many...

What a cute Izzy! Our Bowser (a Jack Russell) is pleasingly plump like Izzy. Glad she is improving! Hope you get your stitching mojo back and it helps you relax a little.{hugs}

Rhona said...

March fairy is coming along beautifully.
Hope you can find some peace, I have stopped looking at the news so frequently as I think that was stressing me out. Thankfully our stitching can bring some relief in these troubling times.
Stay safe, stay well.

Bethan said...

I'm sorry you have gotten so stressed by all this - it's worth just taking each day at a time and trying not to push yourself to stitch everything. Izzy looks gorgeous and I'm glad that she is now recovering. Look after yourself x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I think this is why I'm not so keen on the challenges. I do enjoy them but it can be stressful and I prefer to stitch what I want when I want.
The March Fairy is looking sweet.

Rachel said...

When I left work on 20th March I said to everyone I'd see them in September for the start of the new school year. They laughed nervously but I don't think I was wrong. This is long term and, if done correctly, all of the lock downs will be eased gradually over a few months. It's easy for me to say, but you can't keep up these levels of stress for that long. Take some time to breathe, remember that you are doing the right things to stay safe and, above all, remember that your stitching friends are all with you. Sending big virtual hugs from across the Pond. :)

Astrids dragon said...

It is a strange world out there now, and I think we just need to take it day by day. With stitching every day it can't be too bad? But the retreats being cancelled is a hard one to take!
I'm so glad Izzy is doing better, it's always a worry when our furbabies aren't feeling well.
We've been pretty good with the groceries, except the tp and wipes, which seems to be the norm everywhere!
Sending hugs, hang in there.