Mar 25, 2020

March Fairy

(7th Finish) March 25th
March from Lili of the Valley Calendar
From 2016 Cross Stitcher Magazine
Stitched on 32ct Lambswool Evenweave
Threads are Suggested DMC
Started Mar 17th. Took 7 Days.
Total Time 17 Hours 4 Minutes 
 
Look at the difference the backstitching made on this one...
Definitely worth the 1 hour and 51 minutes worth of time it took to backstitch don't ya think? This one had a lot more stitching than the first two. But that's okay I love the way she turned out.
 

Fred got Thursday and Friday off work. Luckily it's paid. So we are talking about going to our cabin since it's isolated and safe in this crazy time. We are probably going to head down Friday morning. We all need a weekend off from the real world. He will be back to work Monday for the next week at least unless there are more changes. We are all still healthy. Sure a worry every sniff or cough. 

Stay well.

10 comments:

DJ said...

So glad to hear you'll have a weekend away. I'm glad you have an isolated place to go. Be careful along the way, though, won't you? I love your fairy, it's amazing what backstitching will do! It sure makes it pop! It's always a good feeling to finish up a project...so what will you work on next? Have a great weekend and come tell us all about it...so I can live in the outside world for a little bit vicariously! haha Stay well!!

Bethan said...

I'm glad to hear your husband got some time off work. Hopefully they start to let staff work from home or similar. Wow your fairy is incredible - I always love how effective backstitching is but it seems extra effective this time. Perhaps due to the fairy being pastel colours? x

Cathy said...

I love your fairy! I'm glad that you're going to be able to get away for a couple of days. And as my husband's pulmonologist told us the other day, not all aches, pains, coughs, colds, sore throats, etc. are the corona virus--there are still other illnesses out there. So try not to worry so much!

Carol said...

Glad you are staying healthy, Katie! I know what you mean, though--every time I sneeze, I get worried! Love your pretty fairy and I hope you have a great time at the cabin!

Faith... said...

The backstitching made all the difference. She looks great.

Enjoy the cabin this weekend!

Julie said...

Enjoy your time at the cabin. have fun.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The backstitching does make a huge difference.
Hope you have a good weekend at the cabin. We are not allowed to leave our primary residence now as so many people were piling into small villages and bringing the virus with them as well as using up all the loca services.

Rachel said...

She looks absolutely amazing and I hope has brought you some cheer. I love the before and after backstitching photos; we all know what a difference backstitching makes yet still always seem surprised! :)

Astrids dragon said...

What a sweet finish, she's adorable! Backstitching is such a magical stitch, it does wonders.
I hope you had a great time away if you went away, a nice treat!

Ivy said...

Very creative post