May 5, 2020

The People's Choice -- Fire

First Saturday of the month (or soon after *cough cough*) the lovely Jo has given us bloggers a mission. We give her theme suggestions. We vote which ones we like in a poll. She gives us the topic picked and off we go to make up a post. May's topic is Fire. So let's see what I can come up with.

Two finishes pieces. One WIP. One Stash Pick.

In 2015 I finished this Tribal Fire Helmet from White Willow Stitching. I got it framed in a simple black frame with a thin red line. I presented it to a best friend of ours that is a fire fighter.
Last year I stitched up this piece with a different type of fire...
This is on display at our cabin where we love a nice warm camp fire in our fire pit. This one was from Mill Hill called Cabin Fever. I have this one started...

Another Mill Hill kit called Camping Out. Another fun fire pit on this one.

I have this one in my stash of things I really want to stitch...
You stitch on the Aida and then glue it to the little mini pallet. I've finished another one like this but this one is perfect for this theme isn't it? I have a feeling this needs to come out....in June and get finished.

Next month the theme is another one I shouldn't have a problem posting about....dragonflies. Stop over to Jo's check in post for this month to see what others have posted about. Thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

Julie said...

The cabin pieces are so colourful. The little mini pallet is really cute.

Faith... said...

The Helmet turned out great. I love all your other fire pieces too and I am sure they can all fit in at your cabin!

Mini said...

Perfect projects for the prompt.love the cabin fever one.

Tiffstitch said...

Oh, I remember that helmet. So cool, and nice to see it again. Love your other choices too!

Annie said...

Such lovely projects! I really love them all, but the Mill Hill kits are gorgeous! They will all look lovely in your cabin:D

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

THanks for taking part in The People's Choice with the least amount of shoe horns this month!
Actual fires and a firefighter's helmet, great choices for the theme.

Ann C. said...

Great fire projects Katie! I love all of your campfire ones.

Rachel said...

I knew you wouldn't have a problem, given the campfires you've stitched. And the helmet is perfect too. It's lovely to see some old pieces reappear. :)

Bethan said...

Oh I love that fire helmet! The pallet piece is very cute, and seems very suitable for the cabin x

Astrids dragon said...

Great fire helmet and perfect pieces for your cabin.
I think I have a mini pallet piece, but I can't remember what it says!