May 4, 2020

Monday Update

Lots to talk about. On Thursday when I posted my last update. I was planning on working on Winter Time for the last letter in my April acrostic. Here is where I got with it...
Friday I was so excited to start my Mill Hill Maynia! Here are all 11 ready to go...
The little monster is a coin purse. All the names of the kits are on pieces of paper. When one is picked I put the paper back in so it could possibly be picked again.

Friday was mom's birthday so she got to pick...
Snowman with Cardinal. We watched 2 animal specials on Disney+ for her birthday. Dolphin Reef and Elephants. They were both fantastic. We had a great day together even though we didn't do anything. I got 41 minutes in on the new start...
Hard to see but it's there. Mom and Jeremiah got me this kit for Christmas this last year.

Friday evening we went down to the cabin. Mom decided to stay home this weekend. Saturday we got a lot of work done because the weather was beautiful. Upper 70's. We drove around on the trails and took care of limbs that had fallen and some tree trunks that made the paths rough. We also did a bunch of other things but mostly we just enjoyed each other. It was just us and Dad and Bev and it was really nice. We talked about everything and then some. Plans. Plans. Lists of what projects need to be done. We look forward to each thing. Yeah it's all work but it's worth it work. In the evening we settled in our cabin for a movie. It was nice plus I got my stitching time in.

It was another new start and another kit from Christmas. This time it was from/for Jeremiah. He just loves Patriotic things so he liked these kits. My start on Life, Liberty...
This one is on Aida. I got 1 hour and 41 minutes. It's a little more hard on fabric though since my Q-Snap is a 8 inch one and I'll have to watch the beads. We'll see. I think I have a larger Q-Snap somewhere....found one that might work next time.

Remember our new neighbor the Robin's nest on our porch. I had Fred reach up and get a peek inside...
Two adorable little eggs. She was sure sitting on them a lot over the weekend. She would fly away if we were on the porch but I kept talking to her and telling her she was okay. We wouldn't hurt her. She was slowly warming up to us...
We can't wait to get back down to our cabin to see if the eggs have hatched.

Sunday we stuck around a bit because the weather was beautiful again. Dad and Fred did some electrical work...
The barn needed some more power. So we gave it more power. It was a lot of work. Dad was sure glad to have the help. When we got home I started the next pick. Happy Camper...
It was another new start and yet another gift from Mom and Jeremiah. They have collected campers for a long time. No idea why since we don't have a camper. But this little kit was too cute anyway. I put 49 minutes in last night...
Time for another week. Stay healthy. Our state is starting to open up some things but there is still a lot of confusion. Hope we all have a great week full of lots of stitching time.

11 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Those Robin's eggs are so pretty. We just found a duck egg recently.

Rachel said...

What a lovely start to Mill Hill Maynia. I'm certainly looking forward to seeing your weekly updates.
Belated birthday greetings to your mom too. I hope she was spoiled! :)

Julie said...

Great Maynia starts.
Belated birthday wishes to mom.
Hope Mrs robin gets to see her chicks soon

Faith... said...

You got in some great started on your Mania pieces and made lots of progress on Winter Time! I can't wait to see if the eggs hatched.

Mini said...

Lovely new starts.

Tiffstitch said...

I love those new starts and I hope your Mom had a Happy Birthday! Also you're so close on Winter it must have been hard to put down except for the excitement of new starts.

Rhona said...

Happy birthday to your Mum. Love your new starts. The robins nest is such a wonderful surprise - hopefully the eggs will hatch and you'll be able to see the babies.

Cathy said...

Happy Belated Birthday to your mom! Nice stitching this week, too. I've already stitched Happy Camper and it's one of my favorites. I don't remember ever seeing the Cardinal Snowman, but now it may have to join my stash!

Annie said...

So many lovely starts,but I LOVE Winter Time!!! Who's the designer? I'm always on the lookout for super pretty Xmas designs and this one is gorgeous:D

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Fabulous work on Winter Time and three great new starts.
You will certainly have lots to share for GG this month. I think ALL your Mill Hills count as gifts, one way or another LOL

Astrids dragon said...

I love Winter Time, great progress and so pretty.
Fun Mill Hills, so many choices!
Look at those adorable little eggs, I hope you get to see the babies the next time you're there.