Jun 23, 2020

I'm here!!

Hi Everyone! I'm sorry for the delay in my posting. I'm still here. Wow what a few weeks it's been. Mom, Jeremiah, Izzy and I came down Wednesday the 10th to hide from a repair guy. Mom headed home Friday morning I think that week. Jeremiah and I stayed and Fred came after work for the weekend. We went home Sunday like normal. Monday we did some things and then back down Mom, Izzy, Jeremiah, and I came to our cabin. The rest of the work at our house was going to be finished up. It was finished successfully Tuesday the 16th. Which was fantastic. Finally fixed. Plus not near as expensive and we were thinking it would be. Jeremiah and I stayed here at the cabin (Yes still here currently!) to help with preparing for a big party over the weekend of the 20th. Lots and lots of physical work but we had a blast. Mom headed home Tuesday the 16th. Fred came down Wednesday to take Izzy home. Here is how she felt...
Poor girl was exhausted from all the walking and enjoying the outdoors. She is honestly ready to hide at home for a bit. Mom said she doesn't even hardly want to go out to potty haha.

Our big party was a success. It was HOT but we had a blast....
My Dad's uncle is on the left side of this photo. He belongs to a wonderful band. This is our 4th annual Elshire Bash and it was just wonderful. We had probably 75 people show up. Being outside it was perfect for social distancing as much as you wanted to. In this county too they have only had 2 deaths from the virus so it's doing great here in the country.

Getting ready and all the home repairs made for a lot of stress. Sunday the 21st everyone started leaving. I made the decision to keep my godson Damein though. So yep Jeremiah, I, and him will be here at our cabin. Until the July 4th weekend. Yesterday I finally could feel the stress leave me. I relaxed. This vacation is going to be exactly what I need. Last night I received a very sweet email from a dear blog friend. She was worried about me. I've not sounded like my normal self the last few posts. She is right. I was getting very depressed. Tired. Nothing was making me okay. Stitching and reading blogs was just not something I wanted to attempt even.

I will be okay though. Thank you so much for caring. I'm okay. Just needed to get past some crap. Honestly I worried myself in there too. Stitching is a great escape but my brain just wouldn't cooperate with me to concentrate. I have it here with me. I have lots and lots of time since the boys love playing Xbox together. We also have a stack of movies, some board games, and D&D to play. But I really hope to stitch again soon. If not though it will be there when I have time again. Right now relaxing and stress releasing is my number 1 priority. Yesterday was a perfect day. The boys played. I watched some Netflix shows I had downloaded on my laptop and I did NOTHING. It was wonderful. We had a delicious dinner then watched a movie together. We shut the movie off and was ready for bed at 11pm. Then we started talking. Talking about everything. At 4am!!! I finally said Oh my we better get to bed. It was perfect.

Thanks for caring about me. You are a true friend Rachel. I appreciate you very much!!!

Now I'm off to continue relaxing. No worries no more. I will be okay.

7 comments:

Bluebird said...

I was so happy to see your post! I was concerned that all was ok since you hadn't posted in a bit. This has been such a crazy stressful time for everyone. I'm glad that you are starting to relax and feel less stressed. It's great you can stay at your cabin, that sounds wonderful! Your stitching interest will return, but until then I hope you just enjoy relaxing and being with your family. Take care.
Mary

Cathy said...

I was worried, too and hoping you were dealing and healing. I'm glad you're taking time to relax and de-stress. Your stitching will be there when you're ready!

Carol said...

Glad to see your post, Katie--this has been such a hard year for all of us in one way or another (and often in multiple ways!). So glad you have your cabin and stitching to help you de-stress. It's so wonderful to be out in the country away from everything :) Take care now!

Faith... said...

Glad to see you post and know that you got to have a day to relax and do nothing for a change. You have been going nonstop for quite a q\while with fixing up the cabin, repairs at home,planning for the holidays and the party and all that can take a toll on a person. Now you need to take a few days to relax and let your brain think of nothing. Stitching will always be there waiting in the background; enjoy the family now.

The party sounds like it was a great success and how cool to have a band in the family!

Julie said...

Sending a(hug) your way x

Astrids dragon said...

Stitching will always be there for you, so take your time to relax and de-stress... it sounds like you've found a great way to do that! One day at a time, sending hugs to you.

Tiffstitch said...

I'm so glad she reached out and then you're starting to feel a bit better. That sounds like a great party and stay well.