Nov 5, 2020

Update

 Oops missed my Monday update. We had a fantastic week at our cabin for Halloween week. Few friends joined us and of course loved our happy place too. The weather was cold but honestly that was a nice change. I did stitch every day in October! How awesome is that. Now since we've got home I'm so far behind. No stitching. Just trying to catch up. I'm either walking. Trying to read emails. Doing laundry. Walking more. No time. I need more time haha. Don't we all?? As you seen in my Halloween post I did manage to finish up another Halloween Mini so that made two finished this year. Wohoo. Now it's ready to be put away though. I have so so many projects screaming to be stitched. I've told myself NO SALs next year! I just need a year off. I need to breath and stitch to be happy and work on what I want to work on. Please please remind me this when I see all the fun stuff starting this winter when I'm in hermit mode. I will pick out a year long monthly piece but that's it. I want to concentrate on my being healthy and just being happy. 

Haha now might not be a good time to talk about this but I did join in with Rachel and I think a few others for Naughty November. Hey it's not really a SAL. It's blog fun. That's different. Plus it's a good excuse to start 4 new projects. That's the naughty part. So I went through everything......that was mean..... and narrowed the choices down to 4.....wow that was hard. So on the Friday's in November I will be starting a new project. Here are my 4 picks...

 
A Little Beach from Lizzie Kate. What a cute little project. 
 
Woof Block Party from Hands on Design

A Thanksgiving Heart from Sekas

Peppermint Sleds from Lizzie Kate 

I don't know which one of the 4 will be first. I'm going to let Jeremiah randomly pick a number for the pick. He loves doing that. Yes I love the irony that I complained about having projects yell at me and then I'm starting 4 more but hey it's Naughty November. I deserve it. Get over it! Haha.

I probably won't get too much time on them of course. We are going to our cabin still on the weekends. This weekend is supposed to be warm again even. So we will clean up and take down our Halloween decorations. 

Have a great week....end. Love yourself. Love each other. Smile. I'm sure trying. I'll be back Monday.....hopefully for an update.

9 comments:

LindaLee said...

I love the ones your going to choose from, the the Thanksgiving Quilt one is my favorite. Probably because of the warm colors. It's beautiful.

I have to agree with you. The cooler weather has been refreshing.

Have a good rest of the week my friend.

FlashinScissors said...

Hi Katie,
Ha ha! It is great to join in, and despite what you said about not joining SALs I know how hard they are to resist!
I’ve been thinking of joining in with Naughty November too ..... I’m just trying to think of my 4th piece!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Rachel said...

Haha, a SAL or not a SAL? That is the question!
Love your choices for NN, especially as they're small. The Thanksgiving Heart looks fairly easy too - maybe a finish for the day itself if you manage 30 minutes each day?
Yes, it's all about fun, so enjoy your new starts and stitching, wherever you may be! :)

DJ said...

Look at you being so naughty! LOL!! Your cabin sounds lovely! I'm so glad you still have time to enjoy it! Will you be going there in the winter too? I love the projects you've chosen, I wish you all the luck finishing them (I know you can do it)...and love more that you are taking good care of you!

Cathy said...

Our weather has finally turned cool and should remain that way for the next week at least. We're even expecting rain tomorrow and Sunday.
I'm also joining in for Naughty November, but since I'm also doing the 2020 Christmasits SAL, I will be using the same start for both SALs.
Love your choices BTW.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

"It's not a SAL, it's Blog Fun"! I hope you count all of my SALs and events as Blog Fun too.

Love your four choices, they are almost the four seasons, let's count Dogs as Spring!

Faith... said...

Good choices for NN Katie! Well you do have that stash pile for a reason so just think of Naughty November as a way of helping out with getting these started!

Carol said...

These are all so pretty, Katie--I stitched the Beach one for a friend who has a house near the beach and it turned out so cute. I added a real shell to it in place of the charm :) Hope you are having a nice Monday with lots of stitching time!

Astrids dragon said...

I'm so glad you were able to stitch every day in October, go ahead and be naughty in November! They all look like great pieces, the Woof Block Party is a really cute one.
Enjoy your time at the cabin while you can, it sounds like the perfect weather to be there.