Jan 10, 2021

Jan FFG - Fully Finished Gallery

Another blog check in today. We have a lovely new logo for the year too. Rachel has setup an event each month called Fully Finished Gallery. On the 10th we can link up to share our finishes. This is the push I need to go through my box of shame and finish those beautiful pieces that are hiding away. I have status of my Box of Shame pieces on my side bar if you like to see it. As you can see I have a lot to do! 

Stop over to the check in post to see what others have finished. I know Rachel sure did a beautiful set of 17 this month already. 

I was really hoping to get out my sewing machine and everything but time got away from me. No worries though I did find time for these...

Hero Postcard from Summer House Stitche Workes 
Used a random piece of fabric from my stash.
The thread is ThreadWorx 01090.
Started and Finished for DUCJC Jan 17th, 2016
 Beach Postcard from Summer House Stitche Workes
Stitched on Random Evenweave Scrap
Used DMC 4025
Started for DUCJC Jan 9th. Took 3 Days
 
I finished the stitching on both in 2016. Then there they sit hiding away. This pushed me to get them out and get them able to be on display where they deserve to be. I used burlap frames to mount the things to. The charms and buttons I thought added a lovely touch. Plus the rick rack outline for my stitching pieces. They aren't glued down officially yet but this is my layout. I need to straighten out my stitching definitely before the final glue down I noticed in these photos haha. 

So 2 finishes for now. Better than my zero's for the last several months. I really hope to keep up with this SAL this year. Fingers crossed. Thanks Rachel for the push!!

9 comments:

Cathy said...

Lovely finishes! I especially love the castle!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Two lovely finishes to start 2021, the charms really add to them

Rachel said...

You're welcome, and thanks for taking part this month!
Glad to see two pieces from so long ago being finished-off. They look lovely with the charms on their natural mounts. I take it these will disappear into your mom's room? :)

Carol said...

The charms are so cute on these finishes, Katie--they really add a lovely touch! I have so many stitched, but not finished, projects I really should give some love to! Maybe this year?! Ha ha! Enjoy your week! ♥

Ann C. said...

Beautiful finishes!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That's a neat way to display those pieces. I also like the monochrome colours.
I hope to have some more inventive ways of finishing this year but so far it's been the good old scrapbooking!

Kaisievic said...

Wow! I love the way you have finished these pieces.

Faith... said...

Very cute finishes! I love how you have them laid out; simple but fantastic! You are off to a great start for FFGs too!

Astrids dragon said...

These are two great finishes and I love the charms you're adding to them! A nice start to the new year.