Jan 11, 2021

Monday Update with a finish

 Let's see what I've been up to this last week. Monday was a busy day. No stitching time. Tuesday I got back to work on the January Year of Celebrations piece. Wednesday was another day off stitching. I was busy walking and then doing catch up on emails and blog reading. Thursday back to stitching my January piece and guess what...

(Finish 1) January 7th
January from A Year of Celebrations
From Hands on Design
Stitched on 32ct Lambswool Evenweave
Threads are Suggested DMC
Started Jan 1st. Took 5 Days.
Total Time 8 Hours 19 Minutes
 
 Wohoo first one is finished. I really enjoyed the stitch and they take a lot less time than last year's pieces so I'm really happy about that too. I have an idea of how I want to finish them. Kind of like the model photo. But we'll see. Need to go to Hobby Lobby and gather the things I need.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday I worked on September from last year's fairy set. Made good progress on her finally too...

The leaves at the bottom took a long time. There is a lot of colors changes in there. But it will be worth it when the backstitching pops the little leaves into life. Here little feet are there to the left and her dress is starting.
I hope everyone has a great week. This coming weekend is IHSW (International Hermit Stitch Weekend) warn your families/pets and get to stitching the whole weekend. Have a great week. Love yourself. Smile. Hope we all find time for those beautiful stitches.

10 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

January is a lovely finish, those leaves look tricky, great work

Cathy said...

Congrats on finishing January. Those leaves on your fairy look like they were very time consuming, but they look really good.

Rachel said...

Congratulations on your first finish of the year! It must be satisfying to have the first finish of 2021 under your belt.
I love September's fairy. The colour of the leaves probably makes her my favourite one. I'll get round to stitching her myself... one day! :)

Carol said...

Love that happy little snowman in your January finish, Katie! And your September fairy is growing nicely, too. Hope you enjoy your IHSW! Stay warm and safe now ♥

Annie said...

Your January ornament is so cute! Thank you so much for your comments on my everyday blog; I really enjoy reading them (even though I always cringe at the thought of the Google translate🙈. I do Not call my dog cockroach🤣🤪🙈). Enjoy your weekend,
Annie

Annie said...

Your January ornament is so cute! Thank you so much for your comments on my everyday blog; I really enjoy reading them (even though I always cringe at the thought of the Google translate🙈. I do Not call my dog cockroach🤣🤪🙈). Enjoy your weekend,
Annie

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on the Happy Dance for the first in the series! There's always something exciting about the first finish of a new year!
Nice work on the Fairy too, she has to be my favourite because it's my birth month and who doesn't love scrunching through the autumn leaves?

Bethan said...

Congratulations on your first finish in the new series! The snowman looks so happy! x

Faith... said...

This fairy looks just like the kids do when they are outside in the fall! Spreading out the pile of leaves that the someone just raked up! Congrats on your first Stitchy finish of the year!! Hope there are many more to come.

Astrids dragon said...

What a fun January, I love the snowman.
And I'm glad you're still walking!