Jan 3, 2022

Monday Update

Let's see what I've been up to this last week. 

Last few days of December I kept working on the December Lili of the Valley Fairy. I had showed Day 1 when I posted on the 20th. I had a fantastic stitching day on Thursday and finished her off...

So she is actually a 2021 finish. Wohoo. She took 4 days and 11 hours 12 minutes. I really really wanted to start my new year day piece but luckily Fred and Jeremiah told me Noooo so I pulled out Dragon Eye. It hasn't been out of the WIP tote since Sept. 27, 2019. Here it was last time...

I got 4 hours and 45 minutes added to it...

It goes pretty fast because there is a lot less color changes than my other pieces like this. I was laughing at how it looks like Cheshire cat smiling. 

New years day didn't go as planned of course. So I only got 2 hours and 31 minutes into my new start. That's okay though. Still I got to start and I'm in love!!!


The first page was a tiny one. So I got it finished up in 1 hour and 43 minutes. Then I decided to move down to page 9. You can see the horns are spaced apart so I'm worried about making counting mistakes...

If you can't tell I started on that first horn on the nose. I'm sooo in love with her. I don't know why but she gets to be a her. Just looks like a grouchy mom saying ENOUGH haha.

We have started today with purging some junk. Started with our kitchen pantry. Wow we had a lot of old stuff. We got it cleaned out. Now you can actually find stuff haha. I will be doing more of this that's for sure. So many areas need this done in our house. It takes away stitching time though haha.  Have a great week. Love yourself.

8 comments:

diamondc said...

Katie: The new design is stunning, I think it is a she also, so pretty.
Adorable Angel design, so sweet, nice start on Dragon Eye, so blue, I love it.


Catherine

Rachel said...

Hmmm... housework or stitching? No brainer really!
Congratulations on finishing December fairy, and in December too. She's really sweet. And further congratulations for listening to the nagging boys and holding off until New Year for your new start! Surely worth it just to get your first page finish of 2022! Your Rainbow Dragon needs a name though.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What an adorable fairy! I can also see the Cheshire Cat.
The new dragon is just stunning, all those pretty colours will make her a treat to stitch. So much more interesting than the usual entire page of black with a few very dark navy squares many full coverage start with LOL

Cathy said...

The December fairy is adorable. The dragon has to be a she because of the colors! I need to do a lot of clearing out, too. It's happening slowly, but surely. (When I see something that needs to go, it's gone.)

Carol said...

Wow! Your new piece is going to be amazing, Katie! So colorful!

Good for you for purging! I tend to do that in January as well and it's always such a great feeling :) Happy New Year!

Faith... said...

That Fairy is so cute but then I think they are all very cute! The colors in the dragon made me think it was a girl when I first saw her but now she needs a name! It is great to see Dragon Eye out too!

Astrids dragon said...

She's so adorable! Maybe this is the year I pull out mine to stitch? Do you know how you're going to finish them?
Has it really been that long since you worked on Dragon Eye?! Nice progress on it.
Great start on Lady Dragon, those colours really are so pretty. Double count and then triple count just to be sure!
The pantry and fridge can be a little scary, good for you tackling it.

Tiffstitch said...

Such a cute finish! And so nice to get an old one out. For Iris, do you use Pattern Keeper? I find that helps me so much with keeping mistakes to a minimum.