Jan 10, 2022

Monday Update

Okay I have an official announcement. Rainbow Dragon has now been named Iris. She was a goddess who rode rainbows between heaven and earth to deliver messages from Olympus. It's the greek word for "rainbow". Several of you thought she needed a name. How about that one? We thought it was perfect.

I worked on Iris (The Rainbow Dragon) 4 days last week. Here she is now...

Yep still in love. But I figured I would put her down for the weekend. Friday was my first non stitching days. Those are going to happen and that's okay. Still got all my workout goals that day.

For the weekend I picked one of my Christmas gifts from mom. It's a Mermaid Life. I found the perfect Caribbean fabric in my stash even.

Of course the beautiful color of the fabric doesn't photograph well. 

I've been sticking to my workout goals. I'm frustrated because I've plateaued at losing 20 pounds. Now I yo-yo back up and down. I got blood work done and found out my thyroid is way off again. (For those who struggle with it I went from a 1 to a 4 again. Grrr. Haven't been that high since like 2012!) So I've messaged my doctor to ask what's going on. I know it's not helping me out at all. Here's hoping he can help me get that figured out. 

Have a great week. Love yourself. My stitching mojo is going crazy. I want to work on EVERYTHING. So who knows what I'll work on haha.

10 comments:

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

Mermaid Life has a very Disney-ish feel to me. It will be adorable when it's done. And I love the colors of Rainbow Dragon. I love watching pieces like this one slowly come to life. I hope the doctor can figure out what is going on with your thyroid. I know the feeling of wanting to work on EVERYTHING. I just need another extra 8 hours or so in a day. Happy stitching! -Andrea

Claudette497 said...

That's a perfect name! If only there were some wway to stitch and workout at the same time, what a world that would be!

Carol said...

I love that name for your newest dragon, Katie! Sure hope you can get your thyroid issues figured out--that must be frustrating. And keep up with your exercise plan even if you get down about it--you'll still have more energy even if the weight loss has plateaued :) Have a good day ♥

Cathy said...

I love the colors in Iris so far! And I also love the mermaid piece. I, too, hope they can figure out what's going on with your thyroid and treat whatever is wrong.

Mary said...

I love your start on Mermaid Life and the fabric is really beautiful.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The colours in Iris are fabulous! Nice start on the undersea world too.

Faith... said...

I think Iris is perfect for the dragon since rainbow really represents her. Great start on Mermaid Life! Hope your doctor can determine what is going on with your thyroid.

Rachel said...

Great start on the Meramid project; you must have had difficulty deciding which ONE to choose!
Iris is the perfect name for your Rainbow Dragon; I'm sure she'd be smiling rather than breathing fire at that! :)

diamondc said...

Katie: Perfect name for your Rainbow Dragon, the Mermaid Life is so sweet, perfect fabric.
I have thyroid problems myself but not enough to be put on drugs to help.
I hate exercise, I do walk everyday even in the cold.

Catherine

Astrids dragon said...

Iris, is certainly perfect for her! I look forward to seeing your continued progress.
Mermaid Life, you know I'll love seeing this come together!
Good for you for still working out, I've taken a break and really need to get back on track. I hope you can get your thyroid figured out soon.