Apr 28, 2022

April WIPocalypse

I'm not going to say Sorry I'm not going to say Sorry. Life has just been doing everything possible to keep me from stitching. But I'm okay. I'm happy. Yes a lot is going on. Yes I'm stressed but I will do things one at a time till I get through it. I got this! Now let's do a WIPocalypse update. WIPocalypse is a fun blog game/event where we try to finish all our WIPs before the end of the world. Don't worry I will have enough WIPs to last long long past the end of the world haha. I like to use this as a look back at what I've worked on since the last update. So let's see...

Well this will be fast. One WIP has been out since my last update. I'm just happy to have something to show at least...

Year of Celebrations by Hands on Design -- 4 days. Started this one this month. 

Yep the rest of the days are non stitching day. That's okay. I will be back to stitching as soon as possible.

On the 26th Jeremiah turned 24 years old! How is that possible?!? We've been having cabin time on the weekends and as often as possible of course haha. He also had a trip to the game store and stocked up on several new games. So he's a happy kiddo. Fred has to go on a work trip to Vegas which is really sad because we had been wanting to go back since Jeremiah's 21st birthday but with the virus and mask mandates we have put it off. He leaves this Sunday and will be back Wednesday. Maybe I'll get some extra stitching time while he's gone since we'll be home relaxing waiting for him to arrive home safely. 

Here are some fun pictures of Spike since I didn't have a lot of stitching to share...


I hurt a tendon in my knee and was putting ice on my knee. Of course he had to inspect it. He was very worried about what I was doing. Then he decided his whole body was good enough for heat on my knee instead. We are so happy we were rescued by him. He makes every day interesting. The top photo is him sleeping after a fun day at our campground. He LOVES it there as much as we do.

Let's all have a great May. Smile. Love yourself. I hope to share a lot more stitching next time. If not though that's okay.

5 comments:

MartinaM said...

That's life, it always turns out differently than you think and unfortunately you can't plan everything, a nice WIP, perfect for the summer.
Belated all the best for Jeremiah and I wish you a speedy recovery.
Happy Stitching, Martina

Astrids dragon said...

One day at a time, stitch when you can and do what makes you happy. I've been slacking in blog reading and commenting and I'm trying to change that... one day at a time!
Another sweet start, such a cute series.
Happy Belated Birthday to Jeremiah, how are our boys already 24?! Hopefully you'll be headed back to Vegas all together sometime soon.
Awe, Spike is such a lover, he's taking good care of you!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

At least you are ahead with your August design!
Happy Belated Birthday to Jeremiah. I still have two teenagers, but only until September!

Faith... said...

Katie there is nothing to apologize for! We all have our times when we are in a stitchy mood and times when we have other stuff we need to do that makes us happy. It is all about what makes you and your family happy and content. I hope Jerimiah's birthday was a good one for him. Your August piece is looking good so far! Spike is so cute!!

diamondc said...

Hi Katie: Sometimes stitching takes a back seat to life.
Sweet August design.
Spike is adorable, I love that you say he rescued you that is so cute.
I can tell he loves you.

Catherine