Dec 10, 2022

Advent Blog Hop Door 10

 

I get the pleasure to be Door 10 on Jo's Fantastic Advent Blog Hop. If you don't know what I'm talking about head over to Jo's Blog for a starting point. 

My job is to make a post featuring a photo of something I created with a Christmas or Winter Theme. Let's see...

These 6 Christmas Pal Ornaments are one of my favorite Christmas themed finishes. I made them into individual cubes after finishing the stitching in 2015. They now found a perfect home on our middle beam at the cabin. I just got 2 new Winter themed patterns to do soon...

I have fallen in love with gnomes lately. I just ordered the fabric and will start both of them when they arrive. These just couldn't wait for Santa to come haha. Sorry Santa. 

We are also asked to write about What's for Afters? I'm glad she explained this. We call them desserts. Even though I'm trying a new life style to lose weight we have a horrible creation called Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball. It has Philadelphia Cream Cheese and lots of butter. Then mini chocolate chips. You can dip with graham crackers. Jeremiah prefers to just use a spoon. We only have it a few times a year. Christmas being the biggest one. So I told Jeremiah I promised we would still have it. He laughed and said there goes that new life style haha. I also love Chocolate Covered Cherries this time of year. Then I sit around and complain about how miserable I am haha.

Have a very Merry Christmas! Thanks for stopping by on your hunt for the next door.

11 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Advent Calendar Blog Hop this year.
That beam is just perfect for displaying stitching! As long as you have a tall person to reach up to put them in place!
Not a fan of cream cheese so I'll have the chocolate cherries instead!

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

No matter how far apart they are, special occasions are always close enough to each other to ruin my healthy eating plans.

jocondine said...

Your stitching must be considered in high regard! Love the two new patterns, big fan of hedgedogs, cute in the snow and I want gnomes in my house too. Can't wait to see you starting them. Cherries in chocolate sound perfect, called here "Mon Chéri" (my darling)! Joyeuses fêtes de Noël ! xxx

Astrids dragon said...

I love your cubes and those hedgehogs are adorable.
Yay for getting on board with those cute gnomes, love the early gift, good for you.
Enjoy your "horrible" creation, it sounds wonderful!
Happy Christmas!

diamondc said...

Hi Katie: The ornaments have a perfect spot, by the gnomes.
Those hedgehogs are so cute.

Catherine

Leonore Winterer said...

That's a lovely way to display some ornaments! Love the hedgehogs too, hopefully you'll get to stitch them soon.
That dessert sounds interesting fore sure, I'd love to try it!

Denise :) said...

You've got some fun stitching in your near future!! I enjoy chocolate cherries, too...yummy!!! It's a hard time of year to maintain being good, huh?!! :)

Mary's Thread said...

Katie, that Hedgehog stitch is adorable! I am looking forward to seeing you make it up! How fun also to have a beam to decorate! I have never had anything like your chocolate chip cheese ball...it sounds like is might be similar to cannolli filling? I bet its good! I know what you mean trying to have a healthier lifestyle...I'm doing the same thing...moderation is the key! Good luck and Merry Christmas!

Claudette497 said...

I love the cubes! One day isn't a lifestyle - you can be healthy and still go buck wild for Christmas, it sounds like a delicious treat! I'd be eating it with a spoon too!

DJ said...

Oh my goodness your "cubes" are adorable! I'm looking forward to seeing your gnomes, I love them too, though I haven't stitched too many of them. I'm going to change that next year! Your "afters" sounds delicious! Sometimes the "new life style" need to take a back seat for special occasions. Have a Merry Christmas!

Tiffstitch said...

I love that display of the Pals, that's perfect! I hope you have a Merry Christmas after this difficult year.