May 9, 2023

Home Sweet Home

 

We made it home Sunday safe and sound. We decided to take an extra long travel day Saturday. Even though it was a long day we made it to our hotel in Mineral Wells, West Virginia. My favorite pizza place is within walking distance. So got to have it again. Then we happily slept. In the morning a friend who lives right there was able to come over and visit. So we left about noon. Got home about 6pm. 

Yesterday Fred had off work still. So we did some spring cleaning. Got all our travel goodies put away. I organized some things that needed done. I watched an episode of Hoarders while gone and that always makes me want to organize haha. We also grabbed our groceries for the week.

Today he's headed back to work and normal life should resume. I weighed in this morning. I unfortunately have gained my lost weight back. I really gave up these last few months. Just wasn't feeling it and ate very badly especially on vacation haha. But....I am starting again. I am ready to focus more on my eating and making smart choices. Also of course moving. But I will be working stitching and now reading haha. I will figure this out. I promise to myself I will.

Stitching related. Can't wait to do up the 2 sections of the Blackwork SAL. I missed last week because of vacation of course. Yesterday another section was released too. I need to do the May Season 2 Year of Celebrations piece. I am planning on starting the new Simple Treasures kit some time. I think I will switch out the Aida for a piece I have in my stash though.

 Okay. Well Have a great week. Enjoy life. Smile. Love yourself.

2 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Home Sweet Home! You can’t be a hoarder now, not unless you build another cabin!
Good luck with catching up on the SALs now you are home again.

Astrids dragon said...

Nothing like watching Hoarders to make yourself feel better.
I'm trying to get back on track by walking again, WE can do it! I do find that tracking what I eat helps a lot too, but it can be a pain. One day at a time!