May 15, 2023

May 15th Monday Update

A normal week update for me. Let's see what I've been up to this week...

Tuesday I did up Week 18 and 19 of the Blackwork SAL...

I was glad to catch up. As always I loved both sections. Wednesday I got started on the Year of Celebrations May piece. I really really want to start the Simple Treasures kit but I know May should be done first so I don't get behind. So I try to stitch fast....of course it's crawling haha. Worked on it Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday...

Saturday was my 44th birthday. Sunday was Mother's Day. It was hard without mom but we rocked it. It was finally a warm weekend and we got a lot of stuff done. Unwintered stuff haha. Time to switch from the winter shower back to the normal one. Dad is already talking about what we will do different next year so I'm pretty sure everyone has accepted we are going nowhere haha. It was great to be so busy.

Sunday afternoon Fred kept asked me What I was thinking? Honestly nothing. I was enjoyed peace. I was happy about the new coming week. Happy about plans. Just happy. It's so different. Yes I miss my mom. Yes I wish I hadn't lost her. But she was unhappy and so unhealthy. Life is just different now. I feel guilty but I know she would want me to be happy. To be okay. So be okay I will. She is at peace.

Have a wonderful week. Love yourself. Smile.

4 comments:

Astrids dragon said...

Nice catching up and May is coming along nicely.
Happy Belated Birthday! I hope you had a wonderful day celebrating.
It is certainly a different Mother's Day without them, but I thought at least my Mom is with her Mom so they're together. Sending many hugs your way!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely work on the Blackwork SAL and the pretty May piece.
I am glad that you are finding some peace too. Quality of life is so important and your Mum had a wonderful life with you all, she would want you all to be happy and have good memories of her.

Faith... said...

I know it is hard to celebrate holidays; especially Mother's Day without your Mom, but you are so right, your Mom would just want you to be happy and to move on with your life.Lots of hugs going out for you Katie. Fred sounds concerned for you too so I am glad he is there for you. Most men are not that considerate or observant.

Your May looks great!! I hope you have gotten to start your Simple Treasures kit!!

diamondc said...

Happy belated Birthday Katie: Nice progress on your stitching.
I miss my mother still after seven years.
I hope you had a wonderful Mothers day.

Catherine