May 22, 2023

May 22nd Monday Update

Hello Friends. I am behind on blog reading again haha. No surprise there. I hope to catch up soon.

Let's see what fun I had stitching last week...

Monday is the new release of the Blackwork SAL. Only 7 more *pout pout*...

Tuesday and Wednesday I worked on a finally finished the May Year of Celebrations Season 2 piece...

 (6) May 17th
May - A Year of Celebrations Season 2
from Hands on Design
Stitched on 32ct Dark Cobblestone Lugana
Using Suggested Classic Colorworks Threads
Started May 10th. Took 6 Days 
 
 I really really wanted to finish it so I could start one of my new kits from vacation...

Simple Treasures a Dimensions Kit

Like I said in one of my vacation posts. I found this at a tiny yarn shop in OBX North Carolina. I had wanted this one for years. Then with losing mom honestly I took it off my wishlist on 123stitch. I haven't worked on a beach themed one since losing her. But....seeing this in the store. After the sweet lady said I was the first customer of the day at 1:30 in the afternoon. I paid double the price from 123stitch. I had to have it. We do take time to enjoy life's simple treasures. We loved our trip. So I will stitch this in honor of all those wonderful times at the wonderful ocean. Thursday I got started. This weekend was IHSW so I made every excuse I could to stitch haha. Even after a busy busy day Saturday getting the campground ready for the season.

I had this piece of 36ct Fabric Flair Bahama Blue fabric in my stash. I love it. The 3rd photo shows a bit better how dark it is. I love it! It's a typical Dimensions kit. 1 strand here. 2 strands here. Half stitch. Cross Stitch. But when I look at it I love the way it looks. 

I'm off. Lots to do for this weekend's holiday time. We have several friends coming to enjoy our beautiful campground. Have a wonderful week. Love yourself. Smile. Enjoy the simple treasures.

3 comments:

diamondc said...

Hi Katie: Wow you made a lot of progress on the beach scene, it really is a very pretty design.
Oh my seven more for the stitch along, it will go fast.
May year of Celebration is a cute design.

Catherine

Carol said...

Your new beach stitch will be so meaningful to you, Katie! I love how our stitching brings back special memories of people, places, and events. The fabric is lovely, too. Your weekend with friends sounds like a lot of fun! Happy Memorial Day ♥

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Well done on keeping up with the blackwork SAL!
That kit was obviously meant to be for you, it’s looking lovely already.