Nov 6, 2023

Nov 6th Monday Update

Hello everyone on this windy Monday. Let's see what I did last week.

Monday just in time for the Halloween Blog hop I finished the Mill Hill Kit Lunar Trick. It took me 5 days to stitch up. I really enjoyed stitching it.

Tuesday I put a day into the last Hello Four Seasons by Soda Stitch gnome I need to finish which is Autumn...

Remember I'm doing them individually and hoping to finish them into display pillows for the seasons. Wednesday was the 1st of November so I started on the Season 2 (Year of Celebrations) from Hands on Design. Sunday I put the final stitches in it...

(21) November 5th
November - A Year of Celebrations Season 2
from Hands on Design
Stitched on 32ct Dark Cobblestone Lugana
Using Suggested Classic Colorworks Threads
Started Nov 1st. Took 4 Days.
1,475 Stitches Total
 
Sunday after finishing I also started a new piece. But I can't share it. I joined a friend who is having a Winter/Christmas ornament exchange. So I won't share the picture till it's been received so she can't peek at it haha. I was so happy to join in an exchange again.

Saturday the weather was beautiful so we got to work enclosing our porch for the winter. We purchased heavy duty clear tarps last year. This year we did even better with putting them up. Dad suggested we add a door instead of just having the tarp loose for our opening. Works perfect too because we had replaced our storm door on the cabin so we had the old door laying around in storage. So we got busy and here is the finished project...
I forget the exact size of our deck but seriously we do all our cooking out here. So now we can be warm while cooking. We do have a nice propane heater out there when it's extra cold. Just perfect. Spike loves it because he can sit outside and we don't have to have him on a leash.

This week I want to finish up the exchange piece. Then who knows. I know I want to make progress on Beer Dragon and Dragon Eye. I would love to work on the Autumn Gnome and get it finished before December if possible. So much to do haha. I am still really in love with my stitching. I want to stitch on all the things NOW haha. Have a wonderful week. Love yourself. Smile.

4 comments:

Astrids dragon said...

Wow, working on the last season already?! I think they'll look sweet as pillows. I guess you could do one on each side to only have to make two?
Those turkeys are so cute, nice finish!
What a great addition to the cabin, especially since you use it and cook there in the winter.

Faith... said...

Great stitching Katie! Glad the Gnomes are coming along on schedule! The turkeys look so cute and that dollop of whipped topping on the pies is a cute touch!

The deck looks great and almost like a three season room. It is so clear and it looks like people may not even see it! I can't believe you have been there for a year already and you are really fixing up the place nice for your family.

Faith... said...

Now you will have to make a hallway to go from the cabin to the bathroom! :)

Rachel said...

Lovely stitching; those seasonal gnomes are so cute!
Great idea to enclose the deck for winter; hope the tarpaulin does its job and keeps you cosy.