Apr 29, 2024

Apr 29th Monday Update

Hello to my readers so few they are haha. Time for a Monday update. WIPocalypse was yesterday but let's talk about details of what I did last week.

Monday -- No stitching time. Computer catch up and Groceries stole the day.

Tuesday -- Worked on Spring Line Up by The Trilogy. I want to finish this by June 1st if I can for a challenge I'm in. But we'll see....no pressure. I added 441...

I just love this one. Every row is exciting and fun to stitch. I will work it in so I can finish it up. I think it's going to come up today and tomorrow too. 

Wednesday -- April 23rd Semi Sane (a Facebook stitching challenge group I really enjoy) released a pop up challenge. In honor of National Book Day we needed to put 300 stitches in a piece by 4pm EST on the 25th that you can relate to a book, whether it shows a book, or the theme or motifs can be related to a book. Right away I knew I had the perfect WIP...

Book Dragon from Paine Free Crafts. So I added 304 and posted at 1:05 EST on the 25th...

Thursday -- After finishing up the stitches for that challenge I worked on the Mermaid Biscornu by Tiny Modernist. It was the last one I needed to finish my acrostic challenges for the month...

Friday -- Jeremiah's 26th birthday!!! I can't believe he is 26! He can't believe it either. He got a new game for his Xbox and we planned to eat out Saturday. So we just relaxed and enjoyed the day. I decided a new start was called to celebrate the day haha. Good excuse huh?

Patriotic Gnome Littles by Waxing Moon Designs. I also have the Christmas set like this. These are just too cute. I seen them at my LNS when I visited in March for the stitch day. I couldn't remember if I had them so I waited to check. Nope I was thinking of the Christmas ones. So I planned to look next time I went to the store. April stitch day the one chart was still sitting there waiting for me. So I grabbed it up. Meant to be if you ask me haha. I bought a piece of 32ct Platinum Belfast (Yep Linen!) to stitch them on. I am doing them individual like pictured but stitching them on the same piece so I don't waste so much fabric. 

Jeremiah picked the middle top one first. He was called Fireworks Gnome. I got 822 added on Friday. He went quickly and was a lot of fun to work on.....like everything right now. I'm so in love with stitching....Saturday we had a fun day so no stitching....Sunday I got back to work on him and added 325 more stitches and finished him...

Just love him so much! Can't wait to stitch the others. I really enjoyed the linen too so funny how our tastes change. 

Saturday we went to a new restaurant that opened beginning of April here in town. They have a food truck that is Viking themed. Jeremiah loves Viking so we checked it out. Still really new but the food was delicious. I hope they can stop open. The Hungry Heathen. We also got haircuts which felt fantastic. I always wait till my hair is driving me nuts haha. Then we came back and picked up Spike. We ran into Marion a larger town about 18 mins away. I ran into hobby lobby (with my eyes closed) Jeremiah wanted some frames...

When we attend the wrestling convention we get all the signatures on the poster we get with our tickets. Luckily they had the perfect frames for like $4 so I grabbed two. One for each year. Now I catch Jeremiah just staring at the awesome signatures. We've had them in a tub so they didn't get ruined. Better to have them displayed! We went to a huge dog park and Spike got to run. Stopped a few other places and came home to watch movies. It was lovely day together. 

Sunday Dad, Bev, and a few others stopped over to visit. She did not have any complications while in the hospital this round. She was released Saturday. Last time it was 4 - 8 days later so my dad is worried sick about what this week will bring. But we are keeping positive that maybe it didn't cause difficulties this time around. Guess we'll wait and see.

I had to stop typing and run out to get the mail....happy mail....

This package sure had a journey. I ordered from a stitching store in Laporte, Indiana on the 18th of April. Supposed to come April 24th. It went from Laporte to Elk Grove, Illinois. Then to Indianapolis, Indiana. Then to Saint Paul, Minnesota?!?! Then it was just in transit for several days so I was really worried it was lost. Then back to Indianapolis. To Kokomo. Finally here today haha. I guess at least it arrived safely. Two planned new May starts so glad it finally showed up. LOL

Okay well have a great week. May is Wednesday and I will have a new start. Every Wednesday in May. Wohoo! I have two other new starts to sneak in sometime. One was a planned new start from my 12 monthly mixed bag I picked. Love yourself. Find lots of reasons to smile.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Fireworks Gnome is so cute. I bet the others will be just as adorable. I am glad Jeremiah had a Happy Birthday.

Cindy said...

I love watching your projects grow. I especially like the gnomes. Glad Jeremiah had a good birthday.

Faith... said...

I really love Book Dragon. He is so cute! I think Jeremiah's birthday was a perfect excuse! So glad that the chart worked out for you so of course it was meant to be! Firework Gnome looks awesome, congrats on that finish. The posters look great in the frames and Jeremiah gets to enjoy them more upon the wall. Glad your floss found a map so it could make it to your house.