May 6, 2024

May 6th Monday Update

 Hey readers. Let's see what I worked on last week.

Monday and Tuesday I was finished my goals so I worked on completing Spring Line Up. I put 1,370 into it and had just a little left to do...

So close but too tired to stay up and finish it.

Wednesday was the 1st and the first

Whole life is the upper right one. I'm stitching it on 32ct Lambswool Jobelan with Suggested DMC. I got 560 in for the first day. It goes pretty quickly really...

Thursday I went back to finish up the Spring Line Up hopefully...

After 324 more stitches it was finished up. Here is the info on it...

(13) May 2nd
Spring Line Up
by The Trilogy
Fabric 32ct Lambswool Lugana
Threads Suggested DMC
Started Mar 19th. Took 7 Days.
3,280 Total Stitches
 

Friday I spun from my other Tiny Decisions wheel. This one has all the acrostic's on it. Patriotic Gnome Littles was spun. I had 200 on my goal but figured I would work on it for the weekend. Jeremiah picked Balloon Girl. The bottom left one this time...

I added 522 Friday and then 340 Sunday. Here she is now...

The fabric for these is 32ct Platinum Belfast linen which is funny because it totally doesn't bother me anymore. So funny how I've changed the last few years.

Another April Recap I worked on 14 different projects. Started 3. Finished 1. 3 days of no stitching. So it was definitely a good month. 12,235 total stitches which is my most stitches in a month yet. My needles were on fire. Good job. Must stay that way to stitch all the things haha. 

I've been following Luminous Fiber Arts on social media. She announced a mystery box available on May 2nd...

I love birds! Plus her designs are beautiful. I guess she had a mystery box last year for Halloween and it quickly sold out. So I was ready to go at noon on Thursday and so excited I got one!! It doesn't ship till August which is fine I have more than enough to work on till then haha. It will include two designs and all the stuff to stitch them plus other goodies. I'm so excited to see what's in it. 

We had visitors Saturday and enjoyed the lovely warm temperatures. So no stitching but it was worth it. Then we visited with a few more Sunday. Bev came over. She has been tired but doing well. Her last chemo pill was yesterday so we really hope this round was successful with no complications. Who knows what this week brings though. So we just hope and pray for her daily. This coming Saturday they are doing a celebration of life for my Uncle who died suddenly. My mom's brother. It will be hard but unfortunately nice to see everyone. Mom's side is the type of family that only seems to visit at funerals. Sad. We might get some strong storms this week and I seen a lot of the US is so please be safe everyone.

Love yourself. Smile as often as possible. Hug the people you care about.

5 comments:

Carol said...

Your Spring finish is darling, Katie! Love your new starts, too. I'll be so interested to see what your Bird Lover's Mystery Box contains--Misty's birds are so sweet. I'm sorry to read about your uncle, but glad that Bev did well with this round of chemo. Hope you have a great week ahead ♥

Anonymous said...

Fabulous work, so many stitches this last month. Loved the Spring Line-up.
Serendipitous Jo

Cathy said...

Your needles were on fire for April. Love your gnome pieces.

diamondc said...

Katie: Congratulations on the Spring Line Up, the dog designs are so sweet, the Gnomes are so adorable, I am looking forward to seeing what is in the Bird Lovers Mystery box.
I hope Bev is doing better, I hope she kicks this crap and does not have to do anymore chemo.
So sorry about the loss of your Uncle, some people do only see each other at funerals, some say life gets in the way, not me we make a point to see family members even cousins.

Catherine

Faith... said...

The Line Up was so close to being finished, glad you were able to squeeze it in again! Those birds crack me up! Love the Canine Quotes and can't wait to start mine! Great start on Balloon Girl.

I also hope that the round of chemo was a success for Bev. Sorry sorry about your Uncle.