May 27, 2024

May WIPocalypse

Hello everyone. This is a WIPocalypse post. This fun blog event is a push to stitch all our WIPs (Work in Progress) before the end of the world. I think we hold off the end by keeping our list never ending. I'm doing my part. I have a WIP tote tab at the top that lists all my WIPs in my tote that could be worked on. I like to use this event to share progress on my WIPs that I've worked on since the last update. It's so nice to see my projects grow. So let's see what I've worked on since the last WIPocalypse update.

May is my birthday month. So I've celebrated with a new start every Wednesday and one on my actual birthday. Plus I had a planned new start this month before the year began. So lots to share.

Patriotic Gnome Littles by Waxing Moon Designs -- 3 Days. Finished the Fireworks gnome and started the Balloon Girl...

Spring Line Up by The Trilogy -- 3 Days. Finished up this fun one...

Canine Quotes by Scarlett House -- 1 Day. Started this one...


Unicorn Biscornu by Tiny Modernist -- 3 Days Started this one. It was my planned start for the month...

Gathering Berries by Luminous Fiber Arts -- 1 Day New start...


Harvest Wagon a Mill Hill Kit -- 1 Day. Finished this cutie...

Beer Dragon by Paine Free Crafts -- 2 Days

Luck of the Irish by Primrose Cottage -- 2 Days Birthday new start...

Lady Liberty by Keslyn's -- 1 Day Another new start...

Halloween Potions by Les Petites Croix De Lucie -- 2 Days


Taurus a Mill Hill Kit -- 3 Days

Thanks to the Brave by Erica Michaels -- 1 Day

Christmas Celebration Sampler by Frosted Pumpkin -- 2 Days

The Mandalorian by Forbidden Fiber Co -- 1 Day...

Colorful Eagle by Kitty & Me -- 1 Day

Measi also gives us fun questions each month. May 26 – How do you personally distinguish between a Work in Progress (WIP) and an Unfinished Object (UFO)? I think a WIP is something I know I really want to finish sometime in my life. If it becomes a UFO it means I don't want to finish it. I will put the threads back in my mail box. I will even use the fabric for something else or throw it away if it's a UFO. I think for me it's more my plan for the finishing of the project. Where will I display this? How will I display this? 

I've had 4 non stitching days which is really pretty good for me. Busy Saturdays and this holiday weekend has been the blame. That's okay I've been loving my stitching and my life so it's worth it to miss days of stitching for fun life. See ya next month. Wonder what I will get done?!?

3 comments:

jocondine said...

May is my birthday month too and I love the way you celebrate it with stitching projects. Well done, they are all lovely. Hugs. xxx

DJ said...

Wow!! I love all your WIPs, especially the patriotic ones, I kind of have to...since I'm married to a retired soldier...lol!! It's my duty, right? That little gnome stole my heart though! I also love the Irish pattern, so nice! Soooo many beauties! Well done on all your stitching! Happy Stitching!

Cathy said...

You had a good stitching month in May! All great projects. Looking forward to seeing what June will bring.