Jul 1, 2024

Jul 1st Monday Update

Here it is the first Monday of July. How? 7 months into 2024 already. I just wish the rest would SLOW down. Let's see what I was up to last week.

Monday I started another new piece. I mean I haven't started anything else lately right? Shush haha. The Pirate from Cottage Garden Samplings just had to be mine. I mean pirate! Hello? I worked on it Monday Tuesday and Wednesday. I'm using 36ct Mirage Edinburgh Linen. I loved how it was a dark and I hoped the snowman white would pop better. I love it so far...


1,274 stitches so far. Thursday I got to working on Thanks to the Brave by Erica Michaels. Worked on it Thursday, Friday, and Sunday. Sunday I put the last stitches in. 


I found a little frame while shopping at Hobby Lobby Saturday so I tried it...

Love it!!! Oops forgot to give info on the piece...

Finish #19
Thanks to the Brave by Erica Michaels
Fabric 40ct Silk Gauze
Threads GAST Black Crow, Roasted Marshmellow, and Weathered Barn
Started March 1, 2024. Took 10 Days.
7,065 Total Stitches

A friend of mine got me interested in a new hobby...

It's a felt kit from Merry Stockings. From a mantel series so it makes a little shelf display. I've always been intrigued by felt kits. So I figured why not. I received it Saturday morning. Of course I needed some supplies so off to Hobby Lobby I went...


Some batting, sorting containers from the sequins, new scissors, some of the clips everyone is using, and I needed some floss of course. I will hopefully start it soon. My left wrist is hurting really bad probably tendonitis and I want that to heal up before I even try twisting and holding that felt. Luckily it doesn't hurt too bad to hold my Q-Snap. Not that I would let that slow me down haha.

I have 3 new starts planned for July...

I have this one planned for today. I would think it will be pretty fast so hopefully I'll finish it this month. I'm using 28ct New Khaki Lugana and Weeks Dye Works threads Liberty and Americana. I also have one like this that says Freedom. A LNS posted them on their Facebook page in April 2020 and I just knew my little patriotic kiddo would like them. 

Two Mill Hill kits will be started this month. Pisces which is Fred's Zodiac. The other is another Jim Shore gnome this one is called Mushroom Gnome.

Life update. Our little garden is doing fantastic...

Zucchini and Cucumber galore. I see a lot of baby tomatoes growing as well. Any time now. Yummy!! We like having the zucchini on our grill. So delicious.

Bev update. She was released from the hospital. They think the antibiotics treated whatever the infection was and her numbers are slowly building back up. They also did a bone marrow test because they wanted to check her overall cancer. Right now she still shows as cancer free. So last discussed they want to do one last round of chemo just to keep it gone. Then we don't know other than to switch to watching and maintaining. Still more to learn. She seems to be doing okay. She is sick of not being able to see. I sure wish that could come back. She does beautiful embroidery and she misses it badly. I simply can't imagine. Thanks for all the extra prayers and thoughts sent for her. I appreciate them a lot.

I'm off to stitch. I love the beginning of a month. I get all excited about my stitching plans. Let's do it. Have a great week. Happy 4th of July to my US readers. We are going to be a little laid back. Supposed to be HOT and stormy. My BFF is busy doing some things with his new love haha. So he won't be here. So should be hopefully laid back. Maybe I'll even get to stitch! That would be lovely. I have a challenge to stitch 1776 on a Patriotic piece. I would love to get that done.

Love yourself. Find reasons to smile. Stay safe in the weather.

1 comment:

diamondc said...

Hi Katie: You are one busy lady, the Pirate is adorable, looking forward to seeing your progress.
Home Of The Free is a beautiful design, you framed it perfectly, it really is a small design, I am a fan of working with wool felt, this design is adorable.
Looking forward to seeing your new start, the cucumbers look yummy, I love a good cuke sandwich.
It is so good to hear it was only an infection for Bev, I hope and pray she continues to recover.

Catherine