Sep 23, 2024

Sept 23rd Monday Update

 I've been stitching like a crazy woman all week so grab a drink and let's go through it haha.

ABCingo is still going strong. Ends Wednesday and honestly I'll miss it. But don't worry I have already found a bunch of new challenges for October haha.

Monday Letter F was called. So Forever in Peace by Sweet Wing Studio. Added 200 for Day 15 on this one now...

After hitting my monthly goal I went back to the Halloween Quaker by Primrose Cottage. Added 226 for Day 3...


Luckily B was called Tuesday so I added 522 more for Day 4. The above photo is after the two days and 748 more in the lower right corner. As I figured I love the Quaker Primrose designs.

Wednesday Letter K was called. I used this as an excuse to start a new Kit. Mason Jar Lineup by Dimensions. I was talking to Jeremiah and said I was actually nervous to start this one. I have loved this pattern for years. I finally got it. Then I purchased a gorgeous piece of fabric for it. What if I started it and just simply hated it?!? I was really nervous. I laughed after 6 stitches and said I hate it. Jeremiah said Serious? I said Nope. I'm in love. Wohoo. Remember I changed out the white Aida for 32ct Jacks Rum Belfast Linen from Fabrics by Stephanie that I found at Always in Stitches LNS. I just LOVE how it looks. I can't imagine doing these first few days of white stitching on white Aida. I honestly probably would have hated it...

Added 372 for the first day. Love it!!!

Thursday Letter V was called so I pulled out Christmas Truck which is a Vervaco Kit. I hope to work on this one more this winter. I hadn't worked on it since Feb. Added 305 for Day 5...

Friday was the start of IHSW. I had a very lazy Friday. Letter S was called so I worked on Winter SAL 2024 from Stitchonomy. Added a wonderful 648 to it...

The top photo is before and shows the material color better. I finished part 4 so just 2 parts left finally haha.

Saturday we ended up going into town to Aldis and Meijer. It was fun but took away from my stitching time haha. Letter M was called so I used it for another new start. Mini Block Freedom from Hinzeit. This was my monthly planned new start that I pick one for each month before the year started...

Fabric is 28ct New Khaki Lugana and I'm using Week Dye Works Garnet and Deep Sea. Added 254 for Day 1.

Sunday was Letter D. I put 104 more into Mason Jar Line Up since it's a Dimensions kit...

Then I started the Autumn Line Up by The Trilogy in honor of the first day of Autumn...


Using 32ct Lambswool for this and the suggested DMC. So happy fall is finally here!! Last one of this set to stitch up. I want this one finished by Dec 1st for an entry into the drawing in Semi Sane. 

So a wonderful 2,976 added this week. 9,296 so far this month. Life is slowing down and X's are sure being made. 

No haul this week but I do have orders coming. Because I mean come on I need more patterns haha. Plans...Finish the ABCingo. 3 calls left. Today is R and I think I'm going to stretch it and work on Autumn Line Up because I'm really ready for fall to be here. L and T are left to be called. I have Luck of the Irish left on my acrostic for September. There was a new pop challenge in Semi Sane I would need 300 on an Autumn piece....easy Autumn Line Up. Then 300 on a character from a book or movie so The Mandalorian might pop out for that. This is due by Tuesday evening. Shouldn't be a problem. Other than that who knows. I hear a lot of yelling from my WIP tote but they yell so loud I can't tell which one is loudest sometimes. 

I'm going crazy making plans for October. I joined yet another FB game group haha. This one we build a zoo which our stitches. Just basically report our stitching and earns virtual stickers to show off our items. I glanced around and they also have some other challenges like another acrostic so why not join that too haha. So I join and join and join and then get overwhelmed. This morning though I laughed and reminded myself to just enjoy it and if I don't get them all who cares? So I'm really happy this morning. I swear sometimes I just seem to overthink everything. At least it's fun thinking about my stitching haha. 

I got all decorated for Halloween and I just love it. Life is slowing down. Bev is still doing okay. They went fishing again like the old days last week but it was still in the 90's so no luck. Point is they had a great time together though so that was the best. I just hope her health stays good. I do admit though I worry every moment the phone will ring with something wrong. So I think I focus on my stitching to hide. Fred (hubby) also is starting physical therapy for his back in October and I really worry it won't be enough for him to no longer be in pain. So please him send some spare thoughts/prayers to be pain free soon. Jeremiah is doing great. Playing his Xbox like a pro haha. My little happy kiddo and I love him for it.  

Have a great week. Love yourself. Smile as often as you can.

3 comments:

DJ said...

My goodness, look at all those gorgeous stitches!! You seem to make great progress on all of them, I'm just amazed! I really love the flag pattern at the top, all those little designs to make the stripes in the flag just looks so fun! I do love the Mason Jar piece on that fabric, those flowers just pop!! I know what you mean about errands taking time away from your stitching, I find it annoying when I can't get my daily stitching in...no matter how late I always put in 30 minutes though...lol. Happy Stitching!

Linda said...

Hi Katie. I so enjoy reading your blog. I have for lots of years. I can't wait until Mondays. You mentioned some new groups and acrostics that you found. Can you share the info for them. I love acrostics.

Linda

diamondc said...

Hi Katie: Lots of stitching, I cannot even think about having more then one or two designs going at once, I like to see the end soon, we do not celebrate Halloween but decorate for fall, I can leave it all up till thanksgiving.
Good news to hear Bev is still going strong.

Catherine