Sep 9, 2024

Sept 9th Monday Update

 I've been busy stitching like a maniac this week. Having a blast with my challenges. I posted Tuesday since it was Labor Day Monday but let's see what I've been working on since then.

Tuesday I got my 100 for Q on Canine (Q)uotes for ABCingo in the Magazine Monthly Challenge group on Facebook...

Not huge progress but 100 is 100 less for later. I went back to Irish Blessing and added 211 more for Dashgo in Fandom FB group points...

I'm on the bottom page now of the two pages. Love it! 7 Days into this one now.

Wednesday ABCingo was H and Dashgo was Ocean so it was a 2 project day. First up a new start for H that I was really excited to start...


I bought this one on my stash run to Always in Stitches with my stitching friends when they camped here last month. I kitted up with what the store had so changed a few of the threads. Fabric is my fav 32ct Vintage Country Mocha. Looks so pretty with these designs. The spider web was a pain to stitch but I love the way it looks now. I added 105 for the letter H.

After that I pulled out Simple Treasures a Dimensions Kit which is perfect for the Ocean prompt. I added 237 Wed and 380 on Thursday. The ABCingo for Thursday was U and I said Simple Treasures was a Ultimate Unique Souvenir from our vacation so it worked haha. I finished the section I was working on except for the backstitching...


 Friday Dashgo was piece that takes mental discipline. ABCingo was J. So a 2 project day again. First up Mushroom Gnome a (J)im Shore Mill Hill kit for J. Added 100 so I could mark the letter complete...

For mental discipline I picked Beer Dragon. I really really want to finish him in my lifetime so I'm making myself work on him at least 500 stitches a month. Ended with 538 between Friday and Saturday...

ABCingo for Saturday was W so I pulled out Patriotic Gnome Littles by (W)axing Moon. Ended up with 229 added...

Sunday was the final Dashgo call Gloves. ABCingo was C. I checked all over Christmas Celebration Sampler by Frosted Pumpkin and the little kids in the C block have earmuffs and gloves on so it fits for both. Added 500 before bedtime...

I think this one just might be finished this month. We'll see. So Dashgo is done. I really enjoyed it and I'm proud that I didn't start a bunch of WIPs just to fit the prompts. 

I finished 14 of the 23 prompts. Scored 204 Points for Team Goofy. So I'm happy with that. No Bingo wins but again that's okay. I didn't have the bottom left 2 people because I don't like stitching people haha. The 3rd one on the bottom was cow. Again no cows on my WIPs. I found some freebies but just didn't want to start something just for the challenge. Maybe next time. For my first time I enjoyed it a lot definitely. Now I can focus on the ABCingo...

This one is definitely easier because pretty much anything fits haha. They love creative connections for the letters too. Most the time it's just narrowing down which one I would like to use from my SCREAMING WIPs haha. Today is O so I'm pulling out Owe Them All by Erica Michaels. 

It's eye doctor week. Jeremiah's insurance makes us go two separate times because he is getting tests and then a vision check. So stupid. But that's okay it is what it is. I really hope after this time they switch to farther apart appointments needed because she's been doing them very frequently to get an understanding of Jeremiah which is nice just annoying since I don't drive. We arranged with Dad for rides though so should be okay. Bev is still doing fine for now. Scary with all the flu going around because the flu would be very dangerous for Bev.

Weather wise. We had almost record breaking lows over the weekend. It was just beautiful. Now we have a roller coaster week with record breaking high 90's again but like 50's at night. No wonder everyone is getting sick. We are in a drought yet again and our poor yard is turning brown. Plus the poor pond is dropping level again. Supposedly it's going to be wet winter but of course they have said that like 8 years now haha.  

It was a nice lazy weekend after 5 busy ones in a row. So that was really nice. Means more stitching time haha. Anyway have a great week ahead. Love yourself. Smile as often as possible.

No comments: