Sep 3, 2024

Sept 3rd Tuesday Update

Labor day weekend we had a full campground so today you get a Tuesday update instead of Monday. Let's see what I did last week.

After my last post we loaded up and headed up to Shipshewana where my mom sold for 17 years. It's a large outdoor flea market in an Amish town in northern Indiana. We went up Monday and stayed the night so we could be there when the market opened on Tuesday morning. It was forecast to be record breaking heat of course. I told Fred it would either snow, storm, or be hot if he took a random Tuesday off work so we could go. We stayed at a hotel and had a nice evening just relaxing. Tuesday morning the market opened at 8 am and we got there soon after. This was Spike's first time there and he really enjoyed it and yet again amazed us at how well behaved he was. We stopped at every covered sitting area and gave him ice water to drink and let him rest. He was ready to keep going every time. Luckily they have loose rocks and not pavement so the ground was cool enough to not bother his feet. We had a great time overall. Of course it was emotional because there were several people my mom was friends with so we stopped to talk about her and how much we miss her. Some tears were shed. But everyone was so glad to see us.

I found several new hand made gnomes to add to my collection. Fred found some tools. We found some kitchen goodies and other odds and ends. It was a fantastic time and really didn't get too hot till the last row. We were sure happy to get in the AC and come home though haha. Quick stop at an Amish meat and cheese store before heading home. Yum!

When I got home I was happy to pick up my stitching again. Dashgo call 17 was Musical Instrument and I didn't have any WIPs that worked so I worked on Irish Blessing...


 Wednesday I pulled out Beer Dragon for his monthly 500. Finishing up Thursday morning...

Here is the whole thing now...

Dashgo 18 was Beads so after putting the last of the 500 in Beer Dragon I pulled out Enchanted Pumpkin Mill Hill. 284 Thursday and 610 Friday waiting for people to arrive for the holiday weekend...

Saturday the Dashgo 19 call was WIP based on a Holiday. I didn't steal time from everyone here. It was a lovely weekend with Bev's extended family as they host a family reunion here on Labor Day weekend. We had a sea of tents and campers. Soooo many kids haha. What a perfect place for them to run and be safe.

Sunday ABCingo started with X called. So I knew if I could just get 100 stitches Christmas Celebration Sampler would work for Dashgo and ABCingo so I snuck in the cabin and got a quick 104 added...

Monday I was called for ABCingo and Dashgo 20 was a WIP we would like to finish this year. So Irish Blessing came back out. 304 added...

So I will have a letter everyday till the 25th and the last Dashgo calls Wed, Fri, and Sun this week. Wonder what the last 3 will be? Today's ABCingo is Q so I'm going to use Canine (Q)uotes for it. Then back to Irish Blessing after the 100 for more points for Dashgo. 

I hope everyone has a great week. Find reasons to smile. Love yourself. Hugs.

3 comments:

Carol said...

Oh, a big flea market! What fun Shipshewana sounds like, Katie. I'm sure your mom's old friends were pleased to see you--I know it's bittersweet to go back to the places where she spent a lot of time. Nice to see all of your progress on your various projects. That Enchanted Pumpkin looks like a great piece for fall stitching. Hope you are enjoying a beautiful September so far ♥

diamondc said...

I love Flea Markets you can find the most amazing things to take home and for little money.
Congratulations on all your stitching. Looking forward to seeing the Beer Dragon finished.

Catherine

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie, first time to comment! I finished the Mill Hill Enchanted Pumpkin a year ago and it turned out gorgeous! As a cross stitcher of 40 + years, I thought it was a bit of a challenge but worth it! Take care, Becky