Apr 28, 2017

Vacation Day #9

We made it!!!! Not only the three of us but Fred made it safely too. Wohoo. No problems at all with his flights. He arrived about 20 mins after we did. Our travel day was okay. A lot of traffic!!! But we made it. This time around we are staying in a new to us Disney Hotel. It's called the Grand Floridian and it's GORGEOUS!

Here are a few pictures I found of the property online...
The black arrow shows our building. Sago Cay. One of 7 buildings other than the convention hall.

Here is a picture of the lobby I found online...
See what I mean? Gorgeous!! The other hotel we normally stay at was going to be more expensive than this beautiful hotel so we decided to stay here this time. Our room is really nice too. Here is a picture I found online of the room so our luggage isn't in the way haha...
Magic Kingdom is even out our window. So tonight we were able to watch the fireworks right out our own window. Love it!!

Anyway our park tickets start tomorrow so today we ate a lunch here at our hotel. Our room was ready at about 3pm so we got everything moved in and settled. We loaded up on the Disney buses that are just so AWESOME. No worry about traffic. No worry about Jeremiah being allowed. The last time we were here at Disney was 2 years ago. We've heard how of course so many things have changed. We used to enjoy Downtown Disney. It's a restaurant shopping area that you don't have to have a park ticket to go to. So today we planned to go down there and eat our big dinner in celebration of being here finally. We heard they changed the name to Disney Springs. Wonder why? Then a gentlemen here at our hotel told us we won't believe the changes there. Yep. We got off the bus and was just SHOCKED. It's almost completely different. It's really high class now. Expensive shops and lots and lots and LOTS of restaurants. We had a blast. Had to stop at the Lego store but I did really good and didn't buy anything. Then we saw they opened a new Star Wars store...
One happy kiddo stopped there and bought 2 shirts and a book. He is so glad they are doing more and more Star Wars stuff now. Even more is opening in 2019 so I guess we'll be forced to come back. Darn haha.

For our dinner we ate at T-Rex...
If you haven't heard of it it's a lot like Rain Forest Cafe only with dinosaurs. The food is CRAZY good. So we ate ourselves miserable. Now we are trying to rest our feet. Tomorrow starts our park times and believe me it's a lot of walking!!! Only time I wish I had a fitbit haha.

8 comments:

Preeti said...

Lovely place to stay and great location! Food and lighthouses are always the integral parts of your vacation :D
My daughter loves Dino themed places.

Justine said...

Your hotel looks amazing! Hope you have a fabulous time.

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

I'm a fairly new "follower" to your blog. It looks like I joined just in time. Disney World is our happy place. We stayed at the Polynesian and Saratoga Springs just a few weeks ago. We walked from the Polynesian over to the Grand Floridian one day. You should be able to catch the end of the Flower & Garden Festival. I'll be posting a video soon of our pictures from there. Wishing you and your family all of the fun you can muster!!!! I'm very, very jealous at the moment. --Andrea

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I'm not a fan of Disney but this looks amazing! The hotel looks wonderful too, inside and out.
I'd never have left the Star Wars shop, even for a T-Rex burger!

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Sounds like a wonderful time and the Star Wars shop ...awesome. Your hotel looks amazing!!

Mii Stitch said...

You're all going to have a fantastic time!! I think I would have spent all my time in the Lego shop but I must admit a Star wars shop and t-rex restaurant sounds pretty exciting too!!! :)

Julie said...

What a hotel that is... have a fun time.

Astrids dragon said...

I'm so glad Fred make it there without any trouble.
Wow, what a great time you're having! I have to make sure Nathan doesn't see this, because I have no idea when we'd be able to go!