Dec 13, 2017

Christmas Time

 
 
Saturday we went and got our Christmas tree from a local Christmas tree farm. We really enjoy this tradition. We didn't get to cut it ourselves this year because they had a lot sick. So we purchased a precut beautiful one instead. It was a different type than we've got before and we really love it. It smells so pretty and the branches were perfect for our ornaments.

Fred had Monday and Tuesday off work again to use up the last of his days off for the year. Mom and me hit the stores Monday to finish off our Christmas shopping. Yesterday we went out to get Mom a new TV and bed. She is so happy.

So as you can see busy busy. What a blur this month has been. I did get most of the stitching done on the Candy Cane key chain the day I last posted. I'll wait and post a picture after I finish it. I'm hopefully going to pick up my stitching again today. This weekend is IHSW and I will squeeze in stitching when I can. Mom's bed gets delivered on Saturday and Sunday morning we are going to get our groceries for next week so we don't have to leave the house at all hopefully next week haha. I will be too busy wrapping everything and doing the final preparations. We are all excited for Christmas to get here.

9 comments:

Justine said...

Your tree looks beautiful. What a lovely tradition to visit the farm and choose your own. Hope you enjoy hermitting next week!

Preeti said...

Your tree looks beautiful ! Have fun with IHSW!

Mii Stitch said...

What a fun tradition! Your tree looks fantastic and is ready for Santa to bring all the presents (after his little helper managed to wrap them all ;))

Faith... said...

Pretty tree! I don't know when is the last time we had a real tree. Sounds like you are ready for Christmas. Hope your plan "not to go outside" next week works!

rosey175 said...

Your tree is great! We used to go to a tree farm before we moved; they had horses and a sleigh (or wagon) that would take you out to the fields to pick your tree. I wish we had that in our new place (or maybe I just haven't found one yet)! Not venturing out next week sounds GREAT to me!

Renee said...

Such great photos of your family and your tree! Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice tree! Hopefully we will get ours this weekend. A local farm has a container full in a supermarket car park near us so we always go there. I love a real tree.

Brigitte said...

Such a great tree, Katie. Isn't it a wonderful feeling when everything is prepared and you can just do the things you want to? Like stitch? Lol.

Maggee said...

That is a very nice tree Katie! So glad you guys are making preparations ahead of time, so you can have some relaxation time too! I wish... but I am trying! Sadly, it seems an uphill battle for keeping up with blog reading and posting right now! Sigh... Jeremiah looks so happy (as do you all)--that is what is important, isn't it? :) Hugs!