Sep 27, 2018

Vacation Day 4

Today we went exploring around Harrisburg a bit. I seen online they had a National Civil War Museum here so we put that on the list of things to see if possible. The traffic here is pretty bad and I seen it was downtown but we tried it and we made it...
Jeremiah always loved learning about the civil war in our schooling. How neat to explore a museum all about it.
It was two stories and had just an amazing amount of information. We spent a few hours going through everything and reading all the amazing facts and watching little movies throughout that explained things even better. We really enjoyed our time there and I'm so thankful we got to visit.

I also heard there was an AC Moore here in town. We don't have them in Indiana and every time we are near one we try to stop by. It's like a Michael's and Hobby Lobby got together and had a baby. It's cheap prices but huge and nice quality items. I notice I tend to buy things I probably don't need but hey it's worth it right? It's cheap haha. Luckily it was on the same road as the museum so we just had to swing by on the way back to hotel. We grabbed a quick lunch at a pizza buffet near the store and had fun shopping at the AC Moore I even didn't spend too much money. Then we headed back to our hotel. Right as the traffic really picked up. So we were really glad to be back when we got back. Plus we got even more rain after we were back safe and sound. I'm pretty sure this is the rainiest vacation we've ever been on and we've been in a hurricane.

More of my friends were starting to arrive so we ended up visiting a bit before the 6pm retreat check in. We were all waiting to start the retreat. Look at this crowd...
Just a few of us crazy stitchers. I think I heard there is 200 attending this retreat! We got our retreat tote bags, name tags, and tickets for door prizes. We all settled into a room to visit and chat a bit over cheese, crackers, and other snacks. Then we all headed to another area to stitch for a bit. I will get more pictures in the next few days. I was so excited to see my friends again I didn't take time for pictures. I did see so many FANTASTIC vendors setting up. I can't wait to spend way too much money!!
For now it's late and I have to be up early. So I hurried to post this before going to bed. Sorry for the quick post.

4 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The museum sounds very interesting. It's so important to remember the past.
The retreat looks like it's going to be amazing too!

Astrids dragon said...

I don't thing we've been to that museum, might have to make that a day trip one day.
It's looking busy there, hope you're having a blast!

Julie said...

A nice treat for Jeremiah to see something he has learnt about. Hope you didn't spend too much!

Bethan said...

Sounds like you had a great and informative time at the museum! What a retreat - I look forward to reading more about it x