Oct 31, 2018

Halloween Blog Hop

The wonderful Jo from Serendipitous Stitching has done it again. She is hosting a Halloween Blog Hop. I just love participating in her fun blog hops. This one is my favorite type. You hop through the blog list and collect letters. When you finish you will have a phrase to give to Jo on her blog post check in. She is always so creative when it comes to these blog hops. So if you have found my post before her sending you here go to Jo's blog to see where to start collecting letters. If you are looking for the letter then let's get to it...
The letter you found here is F. Now head over to the next blog on the list for the next letter...


I hope you have a Happy Halloween. I've been stitching on just Halloween themed things since the beginning of October. You can look through the rest of my blog for a few finished already but today I'm frantically working on the last one I want to get finished this year...
Here is where I am now...
Thanks for stopping by! Happy Halloween. I'll be curled up with my stitching and watching scary movies all day!

***Edited to add the end result***
From Jo's Blog...

Now, the news you have all been waiting for - the answer to the Hallowe'en Trick or Treat Mystery Phrase Blog Hop.  Thanks to all the participants; the picture posters and the commenters who hopped around, collected the letters and left nice comments.
I thought the phrase was a little easier this year but apparently some of you need to Brush up your Shakespeare - the quote comes from The Scottish Play AKA Macbeth and is spoken by the witches as part of the ingredients for their Double Double Toil and Trouble spell.

Fillet of a fenny snake

The word "fenny" meaning "of the Fens, swamplike, marshy or boggy".  Anyway, everyone managed to find all the letters and Google the meaning if they didn't already know it.
 
I didn't win but had a blast playing along.

16 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

I love that one! I need to remember to pick it up next year during their sale. Great stitching and thank you for the letter.

cheryl said...

Love all of your Halloween stitching and shelf display! Have a fun day. Happy Halloween!

The Crafty Princess said...

Perfect day you have planned, I'm envious. I love the spooky sampler and the fabric you have chosen is very cool.

Thanks for the letter too.

xo Alicia

Quilting Tangent said...

Happy Halloween!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Hallowe'en Blog Hop this year.
The Frosted Pumpkin is so cute and I'm sure you'll have a finish for next year's blog hop!

rosey175 said...

I have this piece and the matching Christmas one in my stash! I'll get around to it one day. Yours looks adorable so far!

Thanks for the letter and Happy Halloween~

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great progress on a lovely piece, thanks for the letter

Astrids dragon said...

I hope you got to watch your scary movies, I only got a couple in.
It looks great so far! Even though you didn't finish, at least now you have plenty of time to finish it for next year.

Julie said...

Good progress on your Halloween stitching.

jocondine said...

Collecting letters for the blog hop (thanks). Lovely stitching, will check your progress soon. Amicalement. xxx

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

Love your Halloween WIP...this is so pretty....I love this.

Have A Lovely Day

Happy Stitching
Linda K, Buttercup

Carol said...

I always enjoy seeing your Halloween stitching, Katie--the little ghosts in this piece are just the cutest :)

Faith... said...

Love this piece and look forward to it's finish!

Ariadne said...

The banner is going on well.
Thanks for the letter.AriadnefromGreece!

Bethan said...

That sampler is so awesome, and progressing well. I can see why you want it finished by the end of the year! x

Leonore Winterer said...

Thank you for the letter! I stitched this design a few years back and loved it, your version is gorgeous.