Jan 6, 2019

Intro to 2019 WIPocalypse

Today is the first kick off for the 2019 WIPocalypse. Head over here to find the first check in post and hear more about this fun SAL.  For this SAL we are working on all the WIPs we can before the world ends. I personally think since my stash is so HUGE the world could never end. That just wouldn't be fair now would it? I need time to stitch it all of course. Let's be honest with my ever growing stash I'm pretty sure stitching it all will never happen but I can sure try.

I personally like to use this SAL as an excuse to write down what I work on each day. I keep a planner beside my stitching area and just keep track of what I worked on that day. It helps when someone asks how long a project has taken me. I also use my YOW (Year of WIPs) list from the Soulful Stitching Facebook Group where the goal is to pick a list of WIPs and finish half at least to be entered into drawings. Last year was my first year joining that and I enjoyed it. I picked 20 projects and finished 12 of them. So since I knew it had to be posted soon I've been worrying and worrying about what to put on my list. I swear I've changed it a million times including today right before this post. Here is my final plan....I think.....

My list of 40 Things I want to Focus on this year:
1. 4 Seasons - Winter
2. 4 Seasons - Spring
3. 4 Seasons - Summer
4. 4 Seasons - Autumn
5. 99 Bottles of Beer
6. Beer Dragon Page 2
7. Beer Dragon Page 3
8. Beer Dragon Page 4
9. Cabin Fever MH
10. Christmas Celebration
11. Christmas Jars
12. Dragon Eye Page 1
13. Dragon Eye Page 2
14. LK Stamp - Jan
15. LK Stamp - Feb
16. LK Stamp - Mar
17. LK Stamp - Apr
18. LK Stamp - May
19. LK Stamp - Jun
20. LK Stamp - Jul
21. LK Stamp - Aug
22. LK Stamp - Sep
23. LK Stamp - Oct
24. LK Stamp - Nov
25. LK Stamp - Dec
26. Nautical Month - Jan
27. Nautical Month - Feb
28. Nautical Month - Mar
29. Nautical Month - Apr
30. Nautical Month - May
31. Nautical Month - Jun
32. Nautical Month - Jul
33. Nautical Month - Aug
34. Nautical Month - Sep
35. Nautical Month - Oct
36. Nautical Month - Nov
37. Nautical Month - Dec
38. Spring Bell Pull
39. Under the Sea SAL
40. Wish Upon A Starfish 
 
It's not as crazy as it seems. 24 of them are my two monthly sets. I just finally did it right and actually used a WIP number for each one like suggested. Last year I combined too many into one WIP and that didn't help my number of finishes look right. That's why I only took off 9 things from my WIP list and yet I finished 33. It will still happen with my major WIP list but not my YOW list which will make me feel better just trust me haha. I have also added some page finishes for my full coverage pieces. They are supposed to be a WIP too for the YOW. So I think I did it right this time hopefully.
 
I have so many other WIPs that I could finish up quickly in my totes too. I will hopefully work some of them into the year as well. These are just my focus pieces for the year. See you at the next check in January 27th with what I've worked on. If you joined in I look forward to seeing what your goals are too.
 
 
If I still have your attention I would also like to encourage my readers to go check out a new blog that a friend is doing. Her name is Janet and her blog is Janet Jabber. Please stop by and Welcome her to the blogging community.

12 comments:

Rachel said...

I like your list - it's realistic, achievable and contains a variety of both big and small projects. And, like you said, it allows for other WIPs (and no doubt some other new starts) too! Good luck in crossing them off one by one, I shall enjoy watching your progress during the year. :)

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

The list does look intimidating, but it seems you have it right where you want it! Smalls with bigs and in betweenies!

Claudette497 said...

What a good looking list! I think it's really smart to break it down by page or by each month!

Unknown said...

Good luck stitching lots from your list. You can do it I'm sure. Happy stitching!!

Janet said...

You are awesome!!! Thank you for the shout out. And your list is crazy long but I have faith in you.

Pink Rose said...

wow Katie you sure will be a busy lady,looking forward to seeing your progress xx

Julie said...

Good luck with the plans this year Katie, you'll have some crossed off this list in no time.
Off to meet Janet ....

Faith... said...

That is a long list but I know that you will be marking things off it left and right!

I wish you lots of luck and I will be cheering you on with every stitch!!

Bethan said...

That's a long list! I look forward to seeing you progress through it. I love the idea of a planner near your stitching area; I may need to pinch that idea for when I start new projects x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

40 does sound a lot but when most of them belong to 2 series, it's not so bad! There have been years when I had 70+ finishes because I stitched a lot of smalls.
I am looking forward to seeing your nautical year series this year.
I also visited Janet, she has signed up for 2 of my SALs already.

Astrids dragon said...

"It's not as crazy as is seems." ... until you add a few more?! I have faith you'll do it though!
Heading over to visit your friend, Janet...

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

I feel I need to see your planner! If it's anything like mine it's filled with bad math, scribbles and dates for SALs :D

Put Janet on my reading list so I can read everything!