Mar 25, 2019

Monday Update

So Friday Mom picked out the Snowy Owl Snowman Mill Hill kit for me to stitch...
I only had the first day from June 22nd, 2017. I wasn't happy it was picked honestly. I just felt blah about it. Yeah it's on my YOW Challenge list. Yeah it's really cute. Yeah I love Mill Hill kits. Just not feeling it right now. But I told myself I would make myself make progress at least for Friday. Saturday morning I would pick another paper out. So I could make it just one day right?

I picked it up and started working finally in the afternoon...
My needles disagreed and just took off. Which made me fall in love after all. I was really happy with my progress for Friday. Then I laid in bed that night and was thinking about making more progress Saturday. So after our fun trip as a family to a big flea market and eating a delicious lunch out. I got back at it...
Wohoo....more fantastic progress. Sunday I had the whole day and it was still calling my name so...
Now no doubt I'm in love. It will stay out till finished. So glad I was wrong. It's too cute not to love. Picking a random paper out sure helped to have the kick in the bum to work on it.

Other than our trip out Saturday it was nice relaxing weekend. We had fun at the flea market. We all got some new t-shirts to feed our t-shirt addictions haha. Jeremiah and Fred found a bunch of beef jerky and were happy boys all weekend munching on those. It was a fun trip and good exercise. Then we had a delicious meal out at Red Lobster. When we were home we watched a lot of Netflix. We finished up Series of Unfortunate Events finally. It's sad to see it end. We really enjoyed it. Then we started Lost in Space. I thought I wouldn't enjoy it but I actually like it a lot. I'm noticing a theme for the weekend of me liking what I don't think I would haha.

I also have a gift I can't wait till the 15th to share with you all. StitchThrifty sent me an awesome surprise in my inbox...
The pattern for Adjust Your Sails!!! I'm so thankful. Now to find the perfect fabric for it. Luckily I'm going to a stitching retreat this coming weekend and get to stop at a wonderful stitching store so I bet I can find a piece there. It's suggested to be stitched on grey so the white stands out. Thank you again Bridgette. I appreciate it so much.

Hope everyone has a great week. I bet mine will go fast. We are going to do some more clothes shopping tomorrow, packing Wednesday, and hitting the road Thursday morning for a fun weekend away.

9 comments:

StitchThrifty said...

Your owl is so cute!! We will have a great time stitching Adjust Your Sails. Have a fabulous time at the retreat.

Rachel said...

So glad you were able to stick with the snowman Mill Hill kit despite your initial reservations. It couldn't have been easy putting those first few stitches in but look at the result, and ironically just as you're de-wintering your house! Good luck with finishing it and packing for your weekend away; looks like the RAK couldn't have been more perfectly timed! :)

Julie said...

It's strange how we can love a project one minute and not the next, you made great progress, well done, you'll soon have another crossed off the list as a finish.
A truly beautiful gift, lucky you.
Have a great weekend stitching with friends
xx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I am so glad that you loved stitching this little snowman, he's so close to a finish too.
How wonderful of the designer to gift you that chart that we all said was perfect for you! It's like they know you will be a great advertisement for them! Looking forward to seeing you stitch it now.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Katie oh love the snowman he is so cute and boy you sure do stitch fast,your work is amazing,well done my friend xx

Faith... said...

Katie the Snowy Owl Snowman looks great! I'm glad too that you didn't give up on it and now you will have a finish before you know it. Brigitte sent you the perfect chart. Hope you find the perfect fabric for it. Enjoy your weekend away!!

Carol said...

I'm glad to read you have fallen in love with your snowman stitching again, Katie--he is too cute not to finish as soon as possible :) Sounds like a fun weekend--hope this week is off to a great start, too :)

Astrids dragon said...

The colours in the snowman are so beautiful and he's so cute, who wouldn't love it?!
Another great pattern, that certainly was a nice surprise. I'll be looking forward to seeing this one come together too.
Happy shopping!

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

You will be done before you know it! Cannot wait to see a start on that new pretty nautical pattern :D