Apr 1, 2019

March Smalls and WIPocalypse Posts

Two updates in one since I was so busy over the weekend at the Fancy Works Retreat (Update coming soon too don't worry!)

March Smalls Post was the 29th. The idea is to stitch up some small things for each month. I like to use this SAL as an excuse to do up some year long monthly pieces. This year I'm doing a set for mom and a set for me. I finished up both March pieces...
 Mom's is the top one from Sand, Sea, and Cross Stitch booklet a Nautical Year long set. The bottom one is Lizzie Kate Flip-It Stamps set for me. I also had time to get a cute little Saint Patrick's Day piece done...
So there are 3 smalls for the Smalls Check in.

Also yesterday was the March WIPocalypse check in. The idea of this fun blog SAL is to finish all our WIPs before the end of the world. Don't worry I will hold it off forever because I will never finish all my WIPs since I keep adding to them all the time haha. I use this SAL as an excuse to keep track of how many days I've spent on my projects. So let's see what I've been working on since the last time which was February 24th.

Ocean in a Bottle -- 10 Days. Here is where I was before this time...
It's finished now...
Nautical Year -- 4 Days. Started and Finished this one. Shared above for the Smalls Post.

Lizzie Kate Stamp -- 4 Days. Started and Finished. Shared above for the Smalls Post.

Kiss Me Freebie -- 1 Day. Started and Finished. Shared above for the Smalls Post.

4 Seasons Winter -- 3 Days. Was here before...
Made it to here...
Snowy Owl Snowman -- 5 Days. I had only one day on this one...
I finished it in this time frame...
Other projects are coming with my retreat update next. I only had 4 days of No Stitching so that's great for me too.

We also get a neat question from Measi to discuss Question of the Month: What newer designers and product creators (fabric or floss dyeing, etc) out there have you discovered and recommend?

Oh so many. I love adding new designers and items to my stash. Hence why I will never be caught up haha. I love it all though. So many new designs came out this year at the market. I look forward to stitching as many as I can of course. As far as recommending....keep your eyes open. How can you not find things you want to stitch? I wish I had that problem haha. See ya next check in. April 28th. 

11 comments:

Karyn said...

I love and adore each and every finish, Katie, your themes and colors this month carried me through the cold gray end of winter and into spring :)
I can't wait to see what treasures tumble out of April!
I agree that the treats showing up after Market are so fun, and I may have gone a bit crazy shopping online...but oh well, I tell hubby it keeps me out of trouble and off the streets lol.
Have a great day
Hugs

Pink Rose said...

Hi Kate wow such beautiful work ,love the little cushions,the Irish one is so cute love it and the bottle looks awesome,well; done my friend xx

Elfie said...

Beautiful stitching and finishing. Your little pillows are gorgeous, and I particularly liked your jolly snowman.

OhSewCrafty said...

Beautiful pieces and I love your Ocean in the Bottle, very cool. The little pillows are adorable.

Julie said...

Your needles have been flying during March

AC said...

Everything so cute and nicely finished! Gave me inspiration!
Love from Sweden
/Anna-Carin

Scrapbrat1 said...

I love your smalls and especially love Ocean in a Bottle! Wonderful work.

Astrids dragon said...

Great, fun smalls. You're so good to keep your Mom happy!
And you know I love all your other stitching and finishes!

Janet said...

You are a stitching wild child!!! Great job.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I do love the Ocean in a Bottle. The tiny Winter piece is beautiful too.

Mary's Thread said...

Thanks for joining the SAL! ALL your pieces are so great! My favorite is your Winter piece. Wow is that ever tiny. You are doing a wonderful job with it.