May 20, 2019

Monday Update

Hey look it's a Monday and I'm updating. Kind of getting back on track. Slowly very very slowly. So last week on Monday I got a start finally on mom's Nautical Year May piece. I had a busy week but finally put the finishing touches on it today...
I would have finished it yesterday since I just needed about 15 more minutes but my eyes wouldn't stay open any longer. I did take stitching with me to the cabin but not one stitch was put in.
Hubby worked hard all day Saturday and got the new red metal barn siding on the driveway side of the barn. Sure looks better than the old wood doesn't it? Now two sides are finished up. The last two sides are going to wait a bit. Some other jobs are more important now.

I spent time breathing and relaxing. It was very needed. One time I was sitting on our deck and woke myself up snoring in my chair haha. I never nap. So I must have needed it. Just so peaceful at our place. We love it so much.

I think instead of going back and trying to do the old check in posts I will just mark them missed. Catch you all up at the next check ins. I'm still a million blog posts behind to read. I'm off to try to catch up on them now. This week I want to work on my Lizzie Kate Stamp too. I need to hurry before May slips away. Have a great week everyone!

11 comments:

Rhona said...

Your May finish is lovely!
What a difference in the barn....that's quite amazing.

Carol said...

I'm way behind, too, Katie--just traveling too much this past month to keep up with blogs! The new siding is just beautiful! I'm sure you're pleased to mark that big project off your list. Love your sweet pillow, too :) Hope things get back to normal for you this week!

Julie said...

Another delight to add to mums collection.

Janet said...

Good to see you back.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Kate oh I love your cushion ,such a lovely design and boy your cabin looks fantastic what a beautiful place to go for a rest. Hope you have a lovely day my friend xx

Rachel said...

It's lovely to know you're slowly catching up with stitching and 'normal' life (whatever that is!) but then you always knew this vacation would throw you off course for a while.
Your mum's pillow is cute and I'm really looking forward to seeing what you will stitch on after your LK stamp. I'm assuming Las Vegas wasn't exactly the place for stash-enchancing but surely you were able to sniff out a needlework shop somewhere??!! :)

Tiffstitch said...

Definitely take time for you. The cabin looks amazing!

Faith... said...

Your Mom's pillow is cute! The barn does look much better with the new siding on it. You MUST have been very tired to fall asleep and wake yourself up with your own snores! ha ha

FlashinScissors said...

Cute pillow for your Mom, Katie!
The barn looks waaay better with its new siding!
Hope you are catching up on your sleep.
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Astrids dragon said...

Another fun piece for your Mom!
The barn looks great, I'm glad you had a good time there - how could you not?!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What do you keep in the barn? Just curious!
It's funny how people say "oh blogging isn't so popular now" but if you miss a couple of days the reader definitely fills up!

Nice to see the little May pillow finished in May too.