Jul 1, 2019

#24HoursofCrossStitch Homework

I call it homework because I loved homework. I guess it's really the July month long challenges. In case you don't know what I'm talking about I found a new hashtag on Instagram last month sometime #24hoursofcrossstitch and just had to find out what it was all about. I found a fun Facebook group and joined in as soon as I could. They are known for their 24 hour long marathon stitching but Jen also setup this fun month long challenge in June. It was an acrostic and I had a blast filling it in. You can go to this post to read about that challenge. So today is officially July so here are the new challenge....s. Not one awesome challenge but 3 this time.
This one is simple. Just sometime in July stitch a total of 24 hours. No problem!
The acrostic this month is a bit different than the last one. I went ahead and planned mine for the month ahead of time. Here it is...

T - Salt Water Taffy by Joan Elliott
Goal at least 4 hours.
Connection: The T in the title

E - July from Lizzie Kate Flip-Its Stamps 
Goal probably 8 hours to finish.
Connection: In the summer you Eat watermelon and there is one in the project

A - Adjust Your Sails 
Goal at least 4 hours.
Connection: The A in the title

M - July from Sand, Sea, and Cross Stitch Book 
Goal probably 8 hours to finish.
Connection: Monthly design I'm stitching all year

2 - 99 Bottles from Ink Circles
Goal maybe 4 hours definitely more than 24 minutes.
Connection: Going to add 2 more bottles.

4 - 4 Seasons Winter by Erica Michaels
Goal probably 4 hours.
Connection: 4 in the title

H - Halloween Mini - Vampire Face by Artecy
Goal probably 4 hours could finish.
Connection: H in the title

O - Wish Upon a Starfish by Designs by Lisa
Goal at least 4 hours.
Connection: Starfish is an Ocean dwelling creature.

U - Under the Sea SAL by Lakeside Needlecraft
Goal at least 4 hours.
Connection: U in the title. So glad to have the push to get this one back out finally!

R - Flip Flops kit from Mill Hill
Goal probably 8 hours to finish.
Connection: The flips flops are Red and white. 

Here's hoping I can really get to these all! Wish me luck.

Last challenge...
Jen looked up a crazy fun holiday for each day of the month of July. We have to connect at least 12 to our projects. It doesn't have to be on the day of the holiday just explain the connection. Here are a few I've picked out already...

2nd World UFO Day  -- Under the Sea SAL. I haven't pulled this project out in far too long so it's a UnFinished Object.

3rd Stay Out of the Sun Day -- Halloween Mini because vampires have to stay out of the sun.

4th 4th of July -- Free to Be Me since it's patriotic. 

10th Don't Step on a Bee Day -- Flip Flops Mill Hill because if you are wearing flip flops you can protect your feet from bees.

28th Parents Day -- Adjust your Sails because I'm stitching it for my mom.

30th International Day of Friendship -- 99 Bottles because when we get together with friends we tend to drink some beer together.

These challenges are so much fun! Laid back. Stress free. Lots of laughs. Now to see what I can do this month. If you are joining in I can't wait to see what you are planning too. Good luck!! Please send me some too. I did break down and buy a stop watch to help with keeping track of time. I really hope that helps me instead of watching the clock.

11 comments:

Faith... said...

Those look like some great challenges for you Katie! I have NO doubt that you will be able to complete all three of them this month. I will be waiting to see your updates.

Rachel said...

Your enthusiasm for and participation in this challenge is making me so jealous!!!
All three challenges sound as if they can be easily met, although the holidays may require a bit of shoe-horning, but then isn't that half the fun?
This is certainly going to be an interesting month to watch, not just for the stitching challenges themselves but for your own new personal challenges of keeping track of time and working on projects you've chosen in advance, so good luck with those. I'm already looking forward to every update and the month-end round up!
By the way, M might be a Monthly design, but it's also for you Mom! :)

Cathy said...

Good luck with the challenges! I hope you have a lot of fun doing them. I'm looking forward to see what you accomplish.

Carol said...

This will be a fun challenge to watch, Katie! You seem to be very organized and determined and I have no doubt you'll make great progress on your planned pieces :) Happy 4th of July to you!

Katie Haskins said...

Your last post has me joining in this month..

Rhona said...

Good luck with the challenges!

jhm said...

Based on your previous post, I also joined. SO far I've printed the calendar only. Still need to print the other two forms. It seems a bit strange to be timing my stitching but not so much the counting of stitches. I'm already doing that for H. Potter/Magical stitching group.
Can't wait to see your progress.
Jackie

Julie said...

Good luck with your plans for the challenges this month.

Bethan said...

This looks like great fun! And you have plenty of projects for it too! I wouldn't be able to do this as I only have one stitch going on at a time. I look forward to seeing all your July work x

Astrids dragon said...

I'm so glad you're organized, I'll sit back and live through you on this one! You can do it!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I'm enjoying the challenges too. The 24 hours is a doddle! I only estimate my stitching time because it's broken up so much across the day. I'm going for 3 hours most day and 0.5 on a work day.

I've only missed one of the holidays so far and I have a project for it. Other than that one I have stitched them all on the relevant day.